Business Development Manager
Since 1971 IBISWorld has provided market-leading industry information to professionals in a wide variety of industry verticals, including finance, consulting, accounting and manufacturing. In 2013, the company launched its procurement research division, providing research reports on hundreds of indirect products and services, helping purchasing executives engage and negotiate with suppliers. With offices in New York City, Los Angeles, London, Melbourne and Beijing, IBISWorld provides insight into thousands of industries and products across the US, Canada, UK, Australia, NZ and China, so clients can make better business decisions, faster. IBISWorld is a growth company, in a growth industry, and is currently expanding its operations. We’re always hunting for talented and motivated individuals to join our Business Development, Client Relationship or Economic Analyst teams.
- Seeking out and building new opportunities by researching categories, identifying targets, cold-calling, and networking.
- Make significant outbound calls and emails daily to engage new and existing accounts.
- Delivering live and web-based presentations and training sessions to prospective clients.
- Using a consultative sales approach to identify customer challenges and offer solutions that match IBISWorld's product.
- Leading a pipeline and moving prospects through the sales cycle, using Salesforce to log and track your activities and opportunities.
- Achieving and exceeding established monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Developing and staying current on knowledge of products and trends in target markets.
- Dedicatedly improving personal skills through internal training and own efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous successful experience in sales.
- Known to work directly with various levels of clientele, especially C-level executives.
- Demonstrated track record of handling longer and complex sales cycles from prospect to close.
- Proven eye for business with the ability to understand your client’s business objectives and goals.
- Talent for cold calling with significant “phone stamina”.
- Ability to own an opportunity pipeline as well as multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Persistent, high-reaching and able to handle sales objections with ease.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Strong desire to succeed as an autonomous individual while embracing the spirit of working within a team.