Account Executive - CPG
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $650 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
If you think strategically and have the ability to come up with out of the box ideas, then you will be a great fit as an Account Executive at Ibotta. Our Account Executives lead a part of our sales efforts with the world's top consumer brands and retail companies. To be successful in this role you will have adept skills in running and managing the entirety of the sales process, from initial prospecting to leading in-person discussions and presentations with C-Level executives. No two deals are the same here at Ibotta and we need people who can come up with proposals beyond just a cookie cutter sales sheet.
About us: Ibotta has quickly become one of the most popular mobile applications in the US, growing to more than 12 million members. Since 2012, only 7 new companies have broken onto the top 100 most downloaded apps list: Snapchat, Wish, OfferUp, Draftkings, Seriously, Dubsmash, and Ibotta. Ibotta’s free app pays consumers cash rebates for making everyday purchases at stores like Target, Walmart, Kroger, Best Buy, Macy’s, and Sephora. Ibotta users have earned over $40 million on routine purchases. The company generates revenue through its partnering with the nation’s leading brands and retailers, who work with Ibotta to offer cash back on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home & office supplies, and much more.
- Prospecting for business, by using creativity in addition to the various data resources at our disposal
- Presenting Ibotta’s capabilities, via phone (screen-share) and in-person meetings
- Move Prospects from no activity, to test campaign, to sustained budget, while reinforcing Ibotta’s unique capabilities and always seeking a bigger budget
- Utilizes the entire sales ecosystem effectively (marketing, sales development/lead gen, channels)
- Meeting individual goals
- Working cross functionally
- Selling to different lines of business as well as different levels within the business
- 3-5+ years of practical sales experience
- Experience in media sales and/or the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) business is required.
- Experience working with, digital or mobile media is a plus
- Experience in Retail is also a plus
- Polished communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must (Candidates must do a mock pitch for Sales Directors and Senior Management as part of the hiring process)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to check ego at the door
- Prior experience working in a high paced evolving environment
- Ability to work within a hybrid sales role (Everyone, up to the leader of our sales department, spends a portion of the day hunting for leads)