Account Executive - CPG
Ibotta is a free, fun, and easy way to earn cash back for buying your favorite brands at your favorite stores. Don’t stand in line with a stack of coupons. Ditch the coupons and get cash back the fun and easy way with Ibotta.
Ibotta has exclusive rebates at your favorite grocery stores, retailers and online shops, updated all the time. And, we work with other offers, coupons, and discounts, so you know you’ll be getting the best deal every time you shop.
You can unlock your rebates anytime, anywhere, and then use them when you go shopping. Use Ibotta at the store for cash back? Perfect. Prefer to wait until you get home? Or forgot your phone? That works too! Earn the rebate after shopping, even for in-store deals.
And the cash you earn… yes – real cash. Save your money and put that into your bank account via PayPal and Venmo. Turn your cash savings directly into gift cards from Starbucks, iTunes, Whole Foods or other leading retailers.
Oh, and did we mention the REAL. CASH. MONEY.
Need some references? ◆ Ibotta users have earned more than $55 million dollars, and we’re just getting started ◆ Selected by Apple as a Best New App ◆ Featured on Good Morning America, ABC News & The Katie Couric Show
Why bother with a coupon, discount code, or a promo code when you can get cash?
If you think strategically and have the ability to come up with out of the box ideas, then you will be a great fit as an Account Executive at Ibotta. Our Account Executives lead a part of our sales efforts with the world's top consumer brands and retail companies. To be successful in this role you will have adept skills in running and managing the entirety of the sales process, from initial prospecting to leading in-person discussions and presentations with C-Level executives. No two deals are the same here at Ibotta and we need people who can come up with proposals beyond just a cookie cutter sales sheet.
About us: Ibotta has quickly become one of the most popular mobile applications in the US, growing to more than 12 million members. Since 2012, only 7 new companies have broken onto the top 100 most downloaded apps list: Snapchat, Wish, OfferUp, Draftkings, Seriously, Dubsmash, and Ibotta. Ibotta’s free app pays consumers cash rebates for making everyday purchases at stores like Target, Walmart, Kroger, Best Buy, Macy’s, and Sephora. Ibotta users have earned over $40 million on routine purchases. The company generates revenue through its partnering with the nation’s leading brands and retailers, who work with Ibotta to offer cash back on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home & office supplies, and much more.
- Prospecting for business, by using creativity in addition to the various data resources at our disposal
- Presenting Ibotta’s capabilities, via phone (screen-share) and in-person meetings
- Move Prospects from no activity, to test campaign, to sustained budget, while reinforcing Ibotta’s unique capabilities and always seeking a bigger budget
- Utilizes the entire sales ecosystem effectively (marketing, sales development/lead gen, channels)
- Meeting individual goals
- Working cross functionally
- Selling to different lines of business as well as different levels within the business
- 3-5+ years of practical sales experience
- Experience in media sales and/or the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) business is required.
- Experience working with, digital or mobile media is a plus
- Experience in Retail is also a plus
- Polished communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must (Candidates must do a mock pitch for Sales Directors and Senior Management as part of the hiring process)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to check ego at the door
- Prior experience working in a high paced evolving environment
- Ability to work within a hybrid sales role (Everyone, up to the leader of our sales department, spends a portion of the day hunting for leads)
- This position is located in New York, NY and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.