Strategic Account Executive, Finance
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the open source time series database. Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale. InfluxData is headquartered in San Francisco with a workforce distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. For more information, visit www.influxdata.com and follow us @InfluxDB.
Our sales team is growing at InfluxData and we’re looking for our next Strategic Account Executive! If sales is in your blood and you have a track record of closing business, read on.
You'll be responsible for closing transactions as well as generating pipeline for our business with large Fortune 1000 organizations. Success for this role is defined by meeting quarterly and annual quota targets. We’re a growing team and company and with that growth there is constant movement and change, so the ability to jump in and learn quickly is key.
- Partnering with your Outbound SDR to build a pipeline and strategize on how to approach your named accounts
- Building a sustainable pipeline and manage the entire sales lifecycle
- Understanding the competitive landscape, & positioning InfluxData to win
- Building strong relationships and establish trust, both internally and externally with VP and C-level contacts
- Building the pipeline through a various methods, including cold calling
- Forecasting and managing your sales activity and pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Account Planning to grow our footprint and spend within named accounts
- Meeting or exceeding monthly targets and quarterly quota
- +8 years experience selling data solutions, SaaS, or PaaS
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, able to talk to all levels at an organization
- Demonstrable history of meeting or exceeding quota
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, closing and managing skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Experience selling open source software
- Experience in NoSQL data technologies or other modern data platforms
- Experience selling enterprise management solutions ( Systems Management, Cloud Management, log analytics, APM, Network Monitoring)