Sales Manager, Men's Fashion
Informa operates at the heart of the Knowledge and Information Economy. It is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business. With more than 11,000 employees globally, it has a presence in all major geographies, including North America, South America, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. What we do: Informa’s global portfolio of knowledge, event and information-based businesses connects people, providing unrivalled access to high quality, specialist intelligence and links across commercial, professional and academic communities. Our content and connectivity deliver insights, networks and competitive advantage, enabling individuals, organisations and communities to connect, work smarter and achieve their goals.
- Conducts sales calls, emails and face-to-face meetings with potential new exhibitors and retention accounts; receives calls from and supports them through the order and account management process along with addressing concerns and issues. Responsible for customer service for the entire event cycle, including completing the online contract applications and subsequent onboarding processes.
- Responsible for servicing and maintaining retention customers as well as pursuing and strategizing around retention customers that are not returning.
- Sells the overall concept of the men’s fashion portfolio; tracks self-performance to goals via Salesforce.com.
- Sells potential accounts into correct sections within event floor and manages expectations in regard to floor positioning.
- Performs extensive marketplace research and develops sales strategies accordingly including call, email and field meetings; research client needs and create a one-stop solution to their marketing and sales strategy. Meets with Head of Sales during event cycle to develop category-specific sales presentations and packages, capitalizing on market trends and their direction.
- Maintains strong industry credibility through visible attendance at trade events and other product presentations, staying up to date on new developments and technologies and communicating this information to both key existing accounts and potential new accounts. Contributes to research efforts in new products.
- Maintains Salesforce.com customer database for accuracy and exceptional notes; conducts data clean-up each event cycle and on-going maintenance per policies. Actively maintains sales pipeline opportunity stages so that the pipeline is a true and accurate indicator of prospects’ statuses; utilizes pipeline reports to provide sales forecasts to management.
- Works with CRM Salesforce team in continuous improvement efforts and troubleshooting Salesforce.com issues; attends and contributes to system improvement review meetings. Maintains accuracy of brand information understanding the information is downloaded for event directories.
- Performs additional duties on event site, including but not limited to: helps ensure freight is accurately delivered, works with EACs and Operations to resolve set-up issues, reviews aisle signage, banners and booth locations for accuracy, collects unpaid balances from exhibitors, meets with all assigned exhibitors to ensure outstanding customer service, assists floor managers with taking pictures of all exhibitors, delivers violations if required, collects testimonials and prevents early teardown.
- Works with President/Head of Sales to properly merchandise the exhibitor floorplan to ensure maximum compliance with internal merchandising strategies and brands’ specific booth request.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three years sales experience.
- Fashion industry experience a must.
- Individual must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Proficient with experience in MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Salesforce.com and other software packages.