Business Development Executive
Informa operates at the heart of the Knowledge and Information Economy. It is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business. With more than 11,000 employees globally, it has a presence in all major geographies, including North America, South America, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. What we do: Informa’s global portfolio of knowledge, event and information-based businesses connects people, providing unrivalled access to high quality, specialist intelligence and links across commercial, professional and academic communities. Our content and connectivity deliver insights, networks and competitive advantage, enabling individuals, organisations and communities to connect, work smarter and achieve their goals.
Informa Pharma Intelligence currently has an exciting opportunity in our New York office for an ambitious Business Development Executive looking to join a world leader in Pharma Business Intelligence. This is a great opportunity to tap into a vibrant, open market to bring in new business with support from our team.
We are looking for organized, disciplined self-starters who know how to sell consistently. Credible selling directly to senior management. We are looking for someone with a demonstrable track record of success in inside sales, who boasts both hard and soft skills. Someone who can confidently open a call with a great angle and build a rapport. Through consultative questioning, can discover clients’ needs and goals and fills gaps with our suite of solutions. Demonstrate the value of our services and relate it back to the client and be a top closer by authentically addressing all their objections
Our Business Development Executives are responsible for representing our Best In Class full Pharma Intelligence suite, including market leading brands such as Datamonitor Healthcare, Citeline and BioMedTracker predominantly driving subscription sales for high value global clients.
- Hunt and close sales opportunities within the Informa Pharma Intelligence Group by identifying potential clients; building relationships; establishing needs; conducting online demonstrations and closing deals.
- Able to handle the entire sales process, and leverage our support teams to do so
- Developing your understanding of Informa Pharma Intelligence Group proposition, our competitors and clients to enable maximized sales and revenue generation.
- Consistently exceed against monthly revenue targets.
- Work with account managers to assure new clients are on-boarded smoothly
- Build your career, to initially progress to a Senior Business Development or Account Manager position, and beyond
- An abundance of confidence
- Hunger to succeed
- A work ethic consistent with a desire to excel quickly and consistently
- If you do not have the above 3 things, it’s time to stop reading.
- Strong presentation, communication, negotiation and closing skills
- Salesforce experience is a plus. Ability to run reports and custom searches.
- Previous experience in inside sales/desire to enter B2B sales
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Life Science discipline or Business would be an advantage but not essential
- SAAS sales experience would be an advantage
- Proven success in a sales role dealing with senior management in multi-national companies would be an advantage
- Highly developed business acumen and the ability to understand the wider issues of the industry
- The ability to identify new revenue opportunities and maximize product potential
- Able to diligently pivot on their feet and understand client’s individual needs