Business Development Representative
Investment Metrics is the leading provider of investment performance analytics and reporting solutions for the institutional investment community. Our platform enables the worlds leading investment professionals to analyze, measure and report on over $7 trillion of assets under advisement for over 2,500 institutional plans with accuracy and efficiency. EQuest is the go-to database of both traditional and alternative strategies, used by leading investment consultants and institutional investors for vetting institutional money managers and generating buy lists. Our flagship products include: PARis, the industry-leading portfolio analytics and reporting platform with the flexibility to accommodate the full spectrum of work-flow requirements; InvestWorks, a comprehensive analytical tool used to evaluate money managers and analyze their performance; and InterSec Research to help clients identify and interpret trends in global financial markets. For more information visit www.invmetrics.com.
The Business Development Representative will have responsibility for qualifying leads that build pipeline for the sales organization. The BDR will follow up on web inquiries, pre-qualify leads, and develop those prior to handing off to our in-house sales team. In addition to inbound inquiries, the BDR will perform prospecting, marketing event outreach and perform general sales development functions to build a pipeline within targeted accounts designated by management. An implicit responsibility of the BDR is to conduct business dealings with prospects in a way that creates a superior customer/prospect experience to set the stage for future product sales for Investment Metrics.
- Build and manage lead development pipeline.
- Deliver outbound calls to potential customers.
- Achieve or exceed goal for qualified leads to Sales on a monthly basis.
- Qualify all sales leads based upon lead qualification criteria definitions.
- Work closely with marketing and sales function to target key business segments.
- Prospect, educate, develop, and qualify leads.
- Provide baseline research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting call.
- Develop superior customer service relationship with prospects.
- Provide weekly activity report to management.
- Proactively learn Investment Metrics product, competitive products, and market knowledge.
- Update lead status and all prospect interaction in SalesForce CRM application daily.
- 2 years sales and/or lead qualification experience (including outbound prospecting).
- Keen interest in the investment management industry and SAAS solutions.
- Experience with lead qualification at all levels within organizations managers, directors, VPs, executives.
- Ability to work in a high energy, fast paced sales environment. You think out-of-the-box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work.
- Proficient with MS Office and SalesForce CRM (preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- Understanding of institutional investments and investment advisors (preferred)
- Highly professional work ethic and outstanding communication skills (written and verbal).
- Creative mindset and ability to quickly pickup concepts and product information.
- Commission oriented and metrics driven personality.
- Fluent English is essential.