Mid Market Sales Manager
Founded in 2014, Juniper Square is transforming the private funds industry with easy-to-use software that streamlines fundraising, investment administration, and investor reporting. Designed specifically for real estate, Juniper Square is trusted by hundreds of investment sponsors to manage more than 10,000 real estate investments. By using Juniper Square, clients such as Tishman Speyer, Rockpoint, and Beacon Capital improve investor satisfaction, boost fundraising productivity, and save time and money on investment operations. Juniper Square is based in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX, and has quickly become the leader in real estate investment management software. Learn more at junipersquare.com.
Juniper Square’s sales team is growing very quickly, and we are looking for an exceptional leader to oversee our team of top-performing salespeople focused on selling to our mid-sized customers. You will report directly to the VP of Sales and be a key member of the sales leadership team. You’ll be charged with fine-tuning the way we sell into the mid market, helping to establish and optimize a repeatable sales process, define territories, create compensation frameworks, and train and manage account executives. If you thrive in a startup environment, have experience leading sales teams with a track record of exceeding targets, and consider yourself to be curious and coachable, you may be a great fit for Juniper Square.
Juniper Square has an amazing team, a strong inclusive culture, and outstanding revenue growth. Our growth to date has come as a result of a lot of hard work, exceptional clients, and a phenomenal product. To scale, we’ll need to refine our process and hone our craft, and we need you to turbocharge our efforts.
- Manage a team of 5 account executives based in our San Francisco and Austin offices as well as in the field
- Recruit an additional cohort of at least 5 sales professionals to focus on mid market in 2019
- Onboard and train new employees, ensuring fast time to first sale and focus on shortening the sales cycle
- Provide continual coaching, quality control, and feedback to the entire mid market sales team, bringing in outside consultants and advisors as appropriate, ensuring that every member of your team is consistently exceeding their goals
- Work closely with the VP of Sales to transition from a generalist account coverage model to one where teams are focused on Enterprise (our largest accounts) and mid market , including adapting our comp plans, coverage models, and sales motion
- Be a student of our sales machine, obsessing over the details and data, and continuously coming up with and implementing ideas for how to improve and grow faster
- All-star performer who excels in all aspects of the role
- 5+ years of experience in a sales role in SaaS
- At least 2 years of direct management experience
- Exceptional listening skills; clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Influential presence and the ability to quickly build trust and cultivate new relationships
- Self-starter personality and comfort with ambiguity; ideal candidates will have experience working in rapidly changing environments and adapting and contributing to an evolving sales processes
- Track record of consistently setting and beating stretch sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to execute a sales process that shortens sales stage duration
- Analytical and inquisitive by nature
- Passionate about technology
- Ability to travel (our customers are located in places that are nice to visit, like NYC, Chicago, LA, Miami, etc.)
- Real estate relationships and familiarity with private equity investing concepts both pluses