Sales Development Representative
JW Player is the New York-based startup that pioneered video on the web and is now innovating for the future. Started in 2008 as the world’s first open source video player, today the company’s customers span the globe across 193 countries and range from Fortune 500 companies to individual bloggers. The company’s flagship product, JW Player, is live on more than 2 million sites with 17 billion video streams to a billion monthly unique viewers across all devices — phones, tablets, and desktops. Nearly five percent of all video streams worldwide are delivered through JW Player. In addition to the player, the company’s services include video hosting and streaming, advertising, and analytics. For more information, see www.jwplayer.com.
A Sales Development Representative (SDR) at JW Player fills the vital role of nurturing prospects over time, building trust and rapport that result in a Sales-Ready Lead. The SDR is responsible for generating and qualifying new leads for the sales team.
Our SDRs act as a first point of contact between prospects and the enterprise sales team. An ideal candidate can determine where there is a potential opportunity for business and qualify, convert, and assign these opportunities. This role will be a part of a team that owns the process and successfully handles the company’s lead qualification program.
- Hunt for new business
- Develop ideal customer profiles to improve outbound prospecting efforts
- Craft new methods for attracting outside business
- Use defined metrics to maximize prospective clients for sales (through emails, calls, setting up meetings, etc.)
- BA/BS degree
- 1-3 years previous work experience in one or more of the following departments:
- Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Lead Generation
- Ability to build rapport with potential customers, understand their environment, and introduce new concepts to solve problems
- Strong phone, prospecting, sales, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to maximize efficiency
- Experience with Salesforce.com