Sales Development Representative
JW Player is the New York-based company that pioneered video on the web and continues to innovate for the future. As creators of the world’s first open source video player in 2008, we powered the original YouTube and have since expanded to video hosting and streaming, advertising, and analytics for 1 billion monthly unique viewers in 200 countries. JW Player combines the fastest video delivery on the planet with cutting-edge intelligence, empowering publishers to tell highly impactful visual stories and successfully monetize their content. For more information, see www.jwplayer.com and subscribe to www.jwplayer.com/blog.
A Sales Development Representative (SDR) at JW Player fills the vital role of nurturing prospects over time, building trust and rapport that result in a Sales-Ready Lead. The SDR is responsible for generating and qualifying new leads for the sales team.
Our SDRs act as a first point of contact between prospects and the enterprise sales team. An ideal candidate can determine where there is a potential opportunity for business and qualify, convert, and assign these opportunities. This role will be a part of a team that owns the process and successfully handles the company’s lead qualification program.
- Hunt for new business
- Develop ideal customer profiles to improve outbound prospecting efforts
- Craft new methods for attracting outside business
- Use defined metrics to maximize prospective clients for sales (through emails, calls, setting up meetings, etc.)
- BA/BS degree
- 1-3 years previous work experience in one or more of the following departments:
- Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Lead Generation
- Ability to build rapport with potential customers, understand their environment, and introduce new concepts to solve problems
- Strong phone, prospecting, sales, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to maximize efficiency
- Experience with Salesforce.com