Kiddom builds technology enabling teachers and learners to unlock their full potential. Teachers are often constrained by limited access to quality tools or mandated use of ineffective tools that do not meet their students’ needs. We believe technology should be utilized to close the achievement gap and level the playing field for all students.
Kiddom is looking for an Account Executive with sales experience to leverage the traction the company has achieved and cover the full sales cycle. This role is responsible for qualifying, developing, and moving leads through their sales funnel. On any given day, you will be holding demos, exploring new leads, and initiating communication with prospective clients. You will build relationships with decision makers, and you will develop an understanding of your schools and district’s needs and how your product can fulfill them.
Your role covers all aspects of sales – from identifying the most promising targets, to handling all communication, running demos, and closing the sale. Initially, you will be focused on the small- to medium-sized school districts. You understand the sales process and know how to work through the sales funnel to closure, and you are skilled at doing this primarily from an inside sales position. You will only travel as needed to run a demonstration or if necessary to close a sale. You must be a clear communicator and persuasive in your sales pitches. You are extremely motivated to succeed and are inspired to work in education.
- Understand your customer’s needs to present the product as a solution.
- Build relationships with key decision makers to gain their support and commitment to buy and use the product.
- Know how to close a sale.
- Be detail-oriented, organized and persistent in sales follow ups.
- Diligent in tracking opportunities in the pipeline.
- Create and build sales collateral required for all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product.
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership and pride in both personal and company performance.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills both with customers and within an organization.
- Ability to manage multiple customer projects simultaneously at various stages of the onboarding process.
- Have a team player attitude and contribute by working effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Be comfortable running product demonstrations and willing to be a hands-on contributor.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years in professional sales with a track record of meeting or exceeding your sales goals.
- Experience in K-12 education (teaching, ed tech, sales, or any other concentrations) is a plus
- Track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions.
- Track record of developing new business through direct outreach or networking.
- Bring an entrepreneurial spirit to your work, improving processes and outcomes.
- Must be able to regularly commute to the company’s office
- An initiator and self-starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong relationship skills.
- Familiarity with a sales CRM program