Director, Sales Operations
Kinetica is a GPU-accelerated, in-memory analytics database that delivers truly real-time response to queries on large, complex and streaming data sets: 100x faster performance at 1/10 of the hardware of traditional databases. Kinetica’s fully distributed architecture and simplified data structures lead to more predictable scale out on industry-standard hardware. In-database analytics via user-defined functions (UDFs) open the way for converged AI and BI workloads accelerated by GPUs. Kinetica comes with native geospatial and visualization pipeline for interactive location-based analytics. Organizations use Kinetica to simultaneously ingest, explore, analyze and visualize data within milliseconds to make critical decisions and find efficiencies, lower cost, generate new revenue, and improve customer experience. Learn more at kinetica.com.
The Director, Sales Operations acts as the sales operations leader for our global sales and services business, ensuring sales performance and productivity. This role is responsible for aligning services with sales, supporting sales strategy and related revenue execution, and will be closely aligned with global sales, solutions engineering, services, and finance leadership.
- Provide recommendations to be taken based on strategic objectives, bookings forecast, or performance metrics, attend sales and professional services leadership meetings as required, and act as proxy when CRO is out of the office for leading regular meetings
- Provide input and recommendations on sales model enhancements (e.g., compensation plan design changes, new/refined roles) and quota design for the global organization
- Liaise between services and sales to drive services sales, identify gaps and areas of improvement, and lead implementation and change management to improve services inclusion.
- Administer, manage and report on bookings forecasting using automation/forecasting tools; drive adoption of forecasting tools and dashboards
- Drive specific actions in partnership with services leadership that drive sales activities, consistent with predefined success criteria; track and report on these activities on a periodic basis
- Review the weekly forecast and metric reports, and provide analysis and recommendations for action
- Collaborate with CRO to setup, maintain, and modify sales territories and assist with comprehensive analysis of territory alignment and optimization decisions
- Assist in all facets of sales planning, inclusive of regular updates to quotas, headcount and sales plan
- Assist with the communication of important information to sales and services teams during staff meetings, over the phone, and in person Be integral to the change management process ensuring adoption of new processes and tools through performance measures Intermittently shadow calls and attend sales calls to ensure quality of services team execution first hand and recommend enhancements and training opportunities Assist in the structuring, approval, and closure of complex deals collaborating with legal, finance, and customer operations
- 5+ years of experience in sales, sales operations or business operations, using Salesforce.com
- Experience working within a VC-backed start-up
- Enterprise software and services sales experience preferred
- Ability to build credibility, trust, and rapport with stakeholders at all levels, both within and outside of the organization.
- A forward thinker who takes the initiative and identifies gaps in workflows and makes recommendations.
- Business-focused: always looking to maximize benefits for the business and minimize downside risk.
- Experience of working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Good understanding of the enterprise sales process
- Exceptions communication and system skills
- Highly Technical. You have superior analytical skills and advanced MS Excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field