Sales Development Representative
Klara was founded in 2013 with the vision to solve the inefficiencies in healthcare through communication. Klara has been proven to improve collaboration, profitability, and patient outcomes.Klara has since been awarded as a Top Entrepreneurial Company by Entrepreneur Magazine (2016), featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Crain's NY, Healthcare IT News, the Discovery Channel among others. The Klara messaging app is a simple way to operate more efficiently. Messaging is revolutionizing the healthcare industry with Klara. Klara is HIPAA Compliant. Visit www.klara.com to learn more about how Klara can benefit your practice or organization.
We are looking for results driven candidates who have strong sales and communications skills with a basic understanding of the US health care system. We also look for the right attitude and aptitude in a candidate around a customer’s overall success.
You will be responsible for responding to inquiries from new prospects unfamiliar with the value of Klara to helping providers of medical services find the best way to use our communication platform. You will be teamed with our account management team to uncover, qualify and nurture new opportunities both at a strategic and tactical level. You know how to manage your time and pipeline effectively to hit and exceed objectives. You are creative, fearless, persistent and a positive “high energy” individual. You have a keen eye for detail and always make sure to record important information.
Be a detective: Research the healthcare industry, uncover leading medical practices, identify their contact information, and reach out.
Proactive outreach: The role includes a mixture of cold calling, emailing, effective use of social media and social selling, text messaging, and in-person meetings.
Develop your communication skills: Speak regularly with healthcare professionals, doctors, and their staff to convey the Klara value proposition and schedule meetings.
Work your ass off: This is not a lifestyle job. We are looking for people committed to working hard, coming in early, leaving late, and doing whatever it takes to drive the business forward. That means in by 8:30am and out whenever you’re exhausted.
Learn the sales trade: Learn and diligently use the modern sales stack including Salesforce.com, Hubspot, Salesloft, Chorus, and relevant sales technologies to make you more efficient and more productive.
Be fearless: Great salespeople don’t demonstrate “need for approval”, they are willing to text prospects, be professional persistent, call at odd hours, and do whatever it takes to get a meeting.
Be organized & disciplined: Great sales professionals are process driven. We need people that understand that excellence requires practice. If you’ve played college sports, competed at a high level, mastered a skill or an instrument, you may have what it takes.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree
- 1-3+ years experience in a customer facing role
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent strategic and critical thinker
- Ability to be creative, resourceful, and autonomous in a startup environment
- Desire to achieve and exceed sales goals - self-starting attitude is a must!
- Passionate intensity is rewarded
- Base Salary: $50,000
- On Target Earnings: $65,000 (Uncapped)
- Stock Options Available
What we can offer:
- We operate in healthcare, a market that is screaming to be disrupted by products such as Klara
- We don’t sell shoes online, we support people that need help
- An international team with an office in New York and Berlin.
- An extremely motivated and fun team to work with. We learn every day and we want to work with people that want to learn and improve constantly.
- A competitive salary with a special perk: you will be participating in the company’s success via stock options.
- The chance to be a key player at a fast growing company … and a lot of other things that we will tell you about when we meet you.
The biggest perk is that you will be working on a game-changing product, in an established industry ripe for disruption, with motivated, amicable people, and in the process you’ll be making a positive impact on the lives of thousands of people. At Klara you will have the chance to progress fast in a fast growing company. Also there will be an awesome office space, infinite coffee, ping pong and free beer if you are over 21 ;) and the potential to add more perks to this list as you think of them.