Manager of Sales
Klara was founded in 2013 with a mission to transform healthcare communication, so every patient can receive great care. Klara makes it easy for healthcare providers to securely communicate with their patients and with each other, without worrying about HIPAA compliance or losing track of patient information. Healthcare providers across more than 40 specialties use Klara to provide a delightful patient experience, while streamlining their own administrative workflows and saving hours per day.
Klara has been proven to increase patient satisfaction, and reduce time spent on administrative work. And patients love it, too — the average practice sees a patient adoption rate of more than 80%, which is approximately 3x the adoption rates of patient portals and emails.
Klara, which was founded by Simon Bolz and Simon Lorenz, is backed by investors such as Firstmark Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Flatiron Health founders Zac Weinberg and Nat Turner, Clover Health founder Vivek Garipalli, InVision founder Clark Valberg, former Hubspot CRO Mark Roberge, and former Marketo Chief Growth Officer Jill Rowley, among others. It was named the winner of Silicon Valley’s Health 2.0 Award, as well as one of the Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America by Entrepreneur Magazine. It has offices in New York (HQ) and Berlin. For more information, visit www.klara.com.
We are looking for a startup minded Director of Sales with background in selling a technology platform and managing/building a team of A players to help our sales team scale. You will have three primary roles:
- Hiring a team of capable sales people around you
- Managing and tracking the performance of the team
- Setting the high level sales strategy for the company
Ultimately, you will help our sales team get the product in front of new clients and help set vision for continued expansion. You will work with a highly motivated, diverse, and thoughtful group as we rapidly scale to disrupt an industry.
- Establish all necessary sales material to give our sales team the tools they need to succeed
- Build a high output sales organization and hire A players
- Manage complex negotiations with large corporate partners and close large deals
- Train and develop staff to be effective in all stages of the sales funnel
- Manage the KPIs of the sales team via the CRM and provide transparency to executive team
- Work closely with the product team to align priorities with opportunity
- 3-6 years of SaaS sales experience with significant track record of success
- 2+ years of experience running in an early stage sales team, with at least 2 years at a single company
- Track record of building, scaling, training, and coaching high functioning teams
- Experience with building traction in a complex market with long standing incumbents
What Makes A Great Head of Sales?
- Ability to select top talent and coach them into success
- Strong prioritization and instinct for timelines
- Problem solver and structured thinker with the ability to understand complicated technology solution
- Team oriented, self motivated, with a constant desire to learn and grow