Director of Sales Operations
LightStep helps organizations proactively monitor their complex distributed systems and software. Our [x]PM provides accurate, detailed, and robust root cause analysis of reliability and performance issues, for high business impact insights at scale. LightStep is backed by Sequoia and Redpoint, and headquartered in San Francisco, CA. For more information, visit http://lightstep.com.
Lightstep is looking for a Director of Sales Operations to report and analyze key metrics of sales performance, using these findings to advise the Leadership Team, setting the strategic agenda for current and rapid growth.
- You will be involved in key projects and deliverables of the Sales team: yearly business planning, forecasting, pipeline analysis, go-to-market strategy and execution.
- LightStep is a very lean and entrepreneurial company. A hands-on attitude is very important in this role. You’ll need to own the execution around sales reporting, lead routing, and field enablement systems and processes.
- Support the day-to-day business needs of the sales organization – execute cadence around forecasting and pipeline analysis, account management, etc.
- Design the plan for the next financial year in terms of quotas, account assignments, and revenue plan attainment.
- Support the day-to-day business needs of the sales organization – execute cadence around forecasting and pipeline analysis, and opportunity management.
- Develop reporting dashboards and drive analysis to track and improve sales performance.
- Requires an solid understanding of sales pipeline statistics and reporting. Define and track key performance metrics especially opportunities, leads, and rep productivity.
- Be the subject matter expert for all of LightStep’s sales productivity tools for prospecting and sales activities. Advanced understanding of Salesforce required; knowledge of Discoverorg and Outreach highly desirable.
- Define sales territories including the identification of high propensity target accounts.
- Manage sales compensation plans, achievement reporting, and commission trackers.
- Determine and measure activity metrics associate with prospecting and sales practices.
- Define lead scoring and routing. Prioritize inbound lead and develop automated workflows to parse and distribute leads.
- Launch tools and processes for the enablement of prospecting and sales staff to help the field organization scale.
- Derive recommendations and craft action plans to address weaknesses and areas of opportunity
- Create and facilitate training programs to certify Sales reps on the product, sales pitch, and sales skills
- Create and implement an onboarding program for our Field Sales team including Account Executives, Sales Engineers, and Sales Development Representatives
- Observe reps, analyze performance, and share best practices across the teams
- 8 + years of experience in management consulting, banking or an analytical role in another technology company
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches, and with multiple competing deadlines. Can adapt quickly to changes and possesses strong work ethic
- Always focused on doing what’s right for the business. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to support growth
- Ability to be highly productive with minimal oversight from senior management
- Strong stakeholder management skills, ability to create a trusting relationship with business partners, collaborative
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly, concisely, and compellingly
- Bachelor’s Degree