Director of Product
Mag+ is a digital publishing platform for creating and distributing content to apps on the 1 billion+ mobile devices in the world. Our mobile publishing software allows you to put your content where your audience is: on mobile. With over 1,900 brands in 80 countries worldwide, and 23.01 million app downloads – Mag+ remains the first, the fastest and most simple publishing platform for creating custom mobile apps.We give you tools for creating and delivering designed touchscreen-native documents and issues, news items, real-time notifications, in-app messaging and web content. The Mag+ platform allows you to create engaging mobile experiences with robust features, strong security and efficient production, all at a fraction of the cost of custom development. Use our tools to: + Turn a product guide into an interactive tablet app + Improve internal communications with a privately distributed smartphone app + Create a branded touchscreen magazine + Build engaging sales presentations + Design mobile training materials + Enhance event brochures and sales catalogs
As the new product lead for Mag+, your hand will be on the steering wheel for the company’s future. Mag+ provides a design-driven end-to-end digital publishing ecosystem for more than 900 clients that began before there was an iPad. Born out of the magazine publishing space, Mag+ now serves a large array of verticals and use cases, from sales to marketing to education. Your job is to make our world-class product even better and figure out where it goes next. Working out of our New York office and spending at least one week a month with the developers in our Stockholm office, you will be responsible for setting the product roadmap, working with the Dev Lead and dev team to execute against it, and leading the strategic long-term direction of our product offering.
- Overall: Establish and deliver the near- and long-term roadmap for the company’s product
- Work closely with the Dev Lead, who manages the dev team directly, to set priority on new development and ensure that that priority is both communicated clearly to all stakeholders and executed upon efficiently. You are the final word on what gets made and when.
- Work with the Dev Lead, marketing and support to manage all new releases, assisting in both planning and communicating the release internally and externally. You are the product’s cheerleader.
- Work with Dev lead, QA and Support to establish and execute on all product-related processes, including testing and bug fixing. You are ultimately responsible for the product’s quality.
- Become an expert in the Mag+ platform and software, to be a resource to the company, its clients and its prospects. You will be able to answer any question about the product (short of writing actual code).
- Assist in sales efforts as called on, both to speak to the product’s near- and long-term direction and to get input on client and prospect needs and challenges. You will also become an expert in the digital publishing business.
- Work closely with CCO and support organization to gather more input on product’s strengths, weaknesses and opportunities. You will occasionally talk to a frustrated customer.
- Work closely with executive team to identify and advise on new business opportunities. You will help us take the next big leap forward.
- Cultivate relationships with key contacts and manage company relations with industry partners, including Apple, Google, Amazon, etc.
- Attend industry events and conferences
- Evangelize brand
- Vision—and an ability to communicate, explain and evolve that vision
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing and quickly growing field—that is, an ability to be wrong, own it and move on
- A desire to work in a small company environment (we’re not a ping-pong table start-up, but we are 50 people in all and we all get along)
- People skills—that is, an ability to be likable and unflappable while a customer is telling you why your product sucks
- At least 5 years experience in product owning/advising role, preferably in B2C, SaaS, and/or content software
- Familiarity with and experience in the app ecosphere: development, distribution, hardware, etc.
- Experience working with developers and Agile development (you will not manage the developers day-to-day, but you will set their agenda, lead and inspire them)
- Willingness to spend at least 4-5 days per month in Stockholm