Regional Sales Director
At Mark43 we are building the essential software tools for the future of law enforcement and public safety. Through streamlined processes, we're giving police officers more time in the field and new analysis tools to help combat violent gangs and criminal organizations.
Mark43 is seeking a Regional Sales Director to join our growing team. The ideal candidate would bring a strong personal network within the world of state and local law enforcement. We are looking for someone who is passionate about implementing the next generation of law enforcement technologies and has a deep understanding and appreciation of the advantages of enterprise SaaS solutions. From the start, we expect our Sales Director to open doors to new opportunities and close large sales within a defined territory. Future responsibilities may include growing and managing a team of junior Sales Representatives who will pursue other leads around the country. This role requires a deep understanding of the SLG procurement process, end user & buyer personas, and the competitive landscape. We expect this individual to come with a deep knowledge of our market and industry and how we can drive continual sales to expand our client base.
With a strong understanding of each client type and their buying habits, the Sales Director pitches a targeted and compelling value proposition, as well as nurtures relationships with industry leaders and future potential clients. Additionally, the Sales Director works to ensure systems and processes are in place to maximize efficiency and communication among the Sales Team.
- Resourcefully discover new opportunities as well as establish relationships with provided qualified leads
- Have a deep understanding of Mark43’s value proposition, the competitive landscape, and buyers’ needs and requirements to deliver an effective pitch of the Cobalt platform
- Constantly grow a network to unlock new leads and drive revenue
- Be very comfortable in annotating all sales activity in CRM tools
- Continually seek opportunities for improving team performance through thoughtful examination of processes, technology systems/tools, and personnel
- Passion for supporting law enforcement, first responders, and other government agencies
- 5+ years of experience in state and local government enterprise sales, with the ability to work autonomously with little management
- Deep understanding of current law enforcement technology and law enforcement processes
- Meticulous organizational skills and the capacity to manage many leads and opportunities
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and CRM tools (preferably Salesforce)
- Thrives in a rapidly changing early-stage startup environment
- Experience collaborating closely with other team members including Client Solutions Managers, Sales Development Reps, and Project Managers