Account Executive, Corporate Partnerships
Headquartered in the United States with locations in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Rhode Island, Switzerland, and Texas – and with vertical programs in digital health and fintech – MassChallenge is committed to strengthening the global innovation ecosystem by accelerating high-potential startups across all industries, from anywhere in the world.
MassChallenge is looking for someone driven by and experienced in Sales to serve as an Account Executive within our sales and account management team. We are looking for someone to forge new relationships between MassChallenge and senior innovation leaders from Fortune 1000 companies. With evidence of disruption across all industries, organizations are launching their own internal innovation programs. This role will target those organizations with a compelling value proposition of accelerating and augmenting their existing strategic priorities around innovation. Funding for MassChallenge is provided by governments, corporations, foundations, and philanthropists.
Based in Boston, MA and reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Development on our HQ Partnerships Team, the Account Executive will develop leads, manage sales cycles, and close enterprise level sales in a hands-on fashion.
Our ideal candidate has the capacity to navigate, lead, and influence all levels of an organization through an enterprise level sales process resulting in a history of quota attainment. They will leverage their demonstrated management and sales experience in a mission-driven, startup-oriented company. In keeping with MassChallenge’s values, the Account Executive will have the opportunity to interact with MassChallenge startups and alumni regularly to help create value for our sponsors and partners in the community.
- Build an effective sales strategy to drive revenue generation through multi-year and/or multi-MassChallenge program deals.
- Develop and implement an annual business plan, including projected budget and revenue forecasts, in coordination with MassChallenge -Partnerships teams.
- Close new business and renew existing business.
- Leverage influence skills to work effectively within the team and across departments to build consensus and to maintain accountability to targets.
- Engage with executives and decision makers to maximize all opportunities to close a sale.
- Create and share effective sales proposals featuring MassChallenge’s model and past successes for solving corporate innovation and strategy needs.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate records of sales and prospecting activities in Salesforce.com.
- You have a bachelor’s degree and 3 - 5+ years of experience in sales (5 - 7 years of total professional experience strongly preferred).
- You have a demonstrated ability to generate leads and close sales.
- Your strengths include building, managing and growing meaningful relationships.
- You are a consummate networker who is able to move comfortably and credibly in the community and can leverage existing relationships in the greater Boston business community.
- You have strong attention to detail in managing the sales pipeline process.
- You bring a professional, hands-on, resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- You have or want to gain in-depth knowledge of corporate innovation and strategy trends including how organizations can achieve disruptive innovation by partnering with high-potential startups.
- You have a proactive nature with the ability to be anticipatory, change-oriented and self-initiated.
- You collaborate effectively across teams with a “servant leadership” style to empower the strengths of all team member.
- You enjoy working in a fluid, dynamic organization with a minimal amount of direction.
- You have the ability to plan, introduce, and lead a process that enables high quality growth of accounts.
- You have the ability to lead, a willingness to be led, and are comfortable with adapting your leadership style as appropriate to the situation.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- You have knowledge of Salesforce.com (preferred but not required).