Director of Strategic Sales, East Coast
Mendix is the fastest and easiest platform to build and continuously improve mobile and web applications at scale. Recognized as a market leader by leading analysts, we help our customers digitally transform their organizations and industries by building, managing, and improving apps at unprecedented speed and scale. More than 4,000 forward-thinking enterprises, including KLM, Philips, Royal DSM and University of Pennsylvania use our platform to build business applications to delight their customers and improve operational efficiency.
As Director of Sales, you will build and lead a team of sellers who engage with the largest enterprise customers and prospects across various industry segments. You will be responsible for hiring the best and then delivering significant growth in your region by focusing on pipeline generation, working at the senior executive levels driving demand generation, and building and owning your ecosystem of customers, partners, industry influencers, and prospects. As an experienced leader, you will have the ability to focus on building pipeline high growth business franchise, while working with an extended team to achieve high growth metrics. You will also absorb and analyze feedback from the market, and communicate that back to the product team to help drive the product roadmap.
- Supporting Strategic Account Executives by participating in customer meetings and help the team reach company goals of extending our reach in the market.
- Ongoing development of sales team including recruiting, hiring and training new reps on Mendix.
- Executing and formulate a sales strategy within an assigned region, drive revenue growth by penetrating the current customer base, and develop new customers in the enterprise space.
- Confirming and communicating the differentiated value of Mendix to the customer at both the technical and business levels and ensuring your team is audible ready and adept in all selling situations.
- Identifying the customer approvers, decision makers, and influencers, and developing strategies for each to mitigate risk and increase deal confidence.
- Continually monitoring the sales activity of the team, and track the results and reports on sales activity and forecast to SVP of Sales.
- 5+ years in demonstrated sales leadership in SaaS or PaaS enterprise software with a proven track-record of consistently exceeding annual team quotas and performance targets.
- You follow a proven, repeatable process to achieve your success and have leveraged your process to overachieve in multiple roles.
- Proven track record of building and managing enterprise and strategic sales teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage customer executive relationships at the highest levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales cycles including the ability to provide coordination and direction to your extended team.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas and strategies.
- Strong orientation to team communication and collaboration.
- Thorough knowledge of Salesforce.com to maintain a current and accurate pipeline.
- High Energy and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's Degree or international equivalent.