Business Development Associate
Mogul (onmogul.com) is an award-winning technology platform reaching 18 million women per week across 196 countries and 30,470 cities. Headquartered in NYC, with offices in San Francisco and Paris, Mogul is ultimately democratizing information for women worldwide by enabling users to connect, share information, and access knowledge from each other.
Mogul was named one of the 100 Most Exciting Startups of 2016 by Business Insider, Best Website for Finding Top Talent by Inc. Magazine, Top Website for Marketing Your Company Online by Forbes, and Top Online Learning Platform by Entrepreneur. Mogul was also Winner of the Cadillac Innovator Award, Winner of the Northwestern Mutual Innovation & Inclusion Award, and has been honored by Business Insider "30 Under 30", ELLE Magazine "30 Under 30", City of Fort Worth, City of New York, City of Paris, and Harvard Business School.
Through the Mogul Studios division, Mogul impacts and influences the ways in which companies communicate with women externally, through advertising.
Through the Mogul At Work division, Mogul impacts and influences the ways in which companies communicate with women in the workplace, enabling them to attract, retain, and advance diverse talent.
For every $1 that Mogul earns, the United Nations distributes a free education to 1 woman in need.
Mogul at Work (onmogul.com/mogul_at_work) is and award-winning program that empowers women worldwide by providing them with access to economic and educational opportunities. Mogul at Work also provides Fortune 500 companies and organizations such as NBCUniversal, Snapchat, Mashable, Hearst, and the United Nations with tailored solutions including employer branding and trainings to help build inclusive and diverse workplaces. For each $1 Mogul brings in, Mogul has partnered with the United Nations to provide free access to 62 million women in need of an education worldwide. Come help us close the gender gap and effect change!
As a member of the Mogul at Work team, you will work directly with our Business Development Director to bring new users and companies to our platform. You will work to empower women by working hand-in-hand with companies, organizations, and directly with women all around the world to achieve their goals.
- Develop and implement innovative user and business lead acquisition strategies including marketing plan development, execution, and automation and content creation for digital and traditional channels
- Collect and track marketing and search data – help set ROI goals, track KPIs
- Analyze customer experience and user behavior to influence product roadmaps
- Collaborate with Operations, Sales, and Marketing team to produce and deliver successful campaigns
- Prospect and generate sales opportunities within Mogul’s small to mid-size corporate sales segment
- Build and manage a sales pipeline while growing successful client relationships from initial contact to point of sale
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement, while creating satisfied customers
- Manage sales processes to ensure delivery against key performance metrics
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Sales quotas, user acquisition, and marketing experience is a must
- Analytical, process and data-driven, yet with a creative mindset and strong problem solving skills is a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skill is a must
- Must have hustle and “all in” team player attitude – value ownership, integrity, innovation
- Desire and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, free-flowing start up culture
- Must be passionate about women’s issues and must resonate with the Mogul mission
- Be independent, results focused, and innovative
- Become a Mogul: Mogul is one of the fastest growing tech startups in New York City that supports women from all around the world. Be a part of the team that is building the most pioneering platform for women to encourage them to become the best version of themselves.
- Make a difference: At Mogul, you have the opportunity to do more than just work, you will help change the lives of millions of women every single day.
- A great work environment: Work in a casual environment with some of the brightest and kindest minds in NYC. On top of that, enjoy our cafeteria that is ranked third best in the country, fitted with a deli, grill, sushi bar, etc. We provide catered lunches every Friday, happy hours every month, as well as free snacks and drinks, and a company retreat every year.