Business Development Associate
Mogul (onmogul.com) is a platform that enables women to share ideas, solicit advice, and access content based on their personal interests. Mogul democratizes information for women by enabling users to connect, share information, and access knowledge from each other.Reaching 18 million women per week, Mogul is regularly visited by more than 196 countries and 30,470 cities. Headquartered in NYC, with offices in San Francisco and Paris, Mogul was the recipient of the 2014 Innovator Award presented by Cadillac, winner of the 2016 NYC-Paris Business Exchange, named one of the Top NYC Startups to Watch in 2015 by Entrepreneur, named one of the Best Websites for Finding Top Talent in 2015 by Inc. Magazine, one of the Top Websites for Marketing Your Company Online in 2015 by Forbes, one of the 3 Online Learning Platforms by Entrepreneur, and has been honored by Business Insider "30 Under 30", ELLE Magazine "30 Under 30", Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Awards, Bustle, and Harvard Business School.Mogul Courses provide women with complete guides to help them reach their goals in Beauty, Career, Cuisine, Education, Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Fitness, Relationships and Travel. Mogul has partnered with organizations internationally to provide these courses for women around the world, including General Assembly, Digital Citizen Fund, Dress for Success, Minority Women Veterans Organization, Wharton Women in Business, and WeWork.ADVISORS:Ann Sarnoff, COO of BBC Worldwide North America; Board of Directors at HSN, Inc.Cathie Black, Former Chairman & President of Hearst MagazinesMichael Wolfson, Co-Founder of TheKnot.com; Former Chief Creative Officer at AOLWill Bunker, Co-Founder of Match.comJames Benedict, Chief Learning Officer of Cavendish GlobalKevin O'Donohue, Former Managing Partner & Co-Head of Investor Relations at BC PartnersPeter Davis, Former President of McGraw Hill Education; Senior Advisor to BCGTina Exarhos, Former CMO of MTV
Mogul at Work (onmogul.com/mogul_at_work) is and award-winning program that empowers women worldwide by providing them with access to economic and educational opportunities. Mogul at Work also provides Fortune 500 companies and organizations such as NBCUniversal, Snapchat, Mashable, Hearst, and the United Nations with tailored solutions including employer branding and trainings to help build inclusive and diverse workplaces. For each $1 Mogul brings in, Mogul has partnered with the United Nations to provide free access to 62 million women in need of an education worldwide. Come help us close the gender gap and effect change!
As a member of the Mogul at Work team, you will work directly with our Business Development Director to bring new users and companies to our platform. You will work to empower women by working hand-in-hand with companies, organizations, and directly with women all around the world to achieve their goals.
- Develop and implement innovative user and business lead acquisition strategies including marketing plan development, execution, and automation and content creation for digital and traditional channels
- Collect and track marketing and search data – help set ROI goals, track KPIs
- Analyze customer experience and user behavior to influence product roadmaps
- Collaborate with Operations, Sales, and Marketing team to produce and deliver successful campaigns
- Prospect and generate sales opportunities within Mogul’s small to mid-size corporate sales segment
- Build and manage a sales pipeline while growing successful client relationships from initial contact to point of sale
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement, while creating satisfied customers
- Manage sales processes to ensure delivery against key performance metrics
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Sales quotas, user acquisition, and marketing experience is a must
- Analytical, process and data-driven, yet with a creative mindset and strong problem solving skills is a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skill is a must
- Must have hustle and “all in” team player attitude – value ownership, integrity, innovation
- Desire and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, free-flowing start up culture
- Must be passionate about women’s issues and must resonate with the Mogul mission
- Be independent, results focused, and innovative
- Become a Mogul: Mogul is one of the fastest growing tech startups in New York City that supports women from all around the world. Be a part of the team that is building the most pioneering platform for women to encourage them to become the best version of themselves.
- Make a difference: At Mogul, you have the opportunity to do more than just work, you will help change the lives of millions of women every single day.
- A great work environment: Work in a casual environment with some of the brightest and kindest minds in NYC. On top of that, enjoy our cafeteria that is ranked third best in the country, fitted with a deli, grill, sushi bar, etc. We provide catered lunches every Friday, happy hours every month, as well as free snacks and drinks, and a company retreat every year.