Director, Business Development
Morning Consult is a global data intelligence company delivering insights on what people think in real time. By surveying tens of thousands across the globe every single day, Morning Consult is unmatched in scale and speed: It determines the true measure of what people think and how their decisions impact business, politics and the economy. Industry leaders rely on Morning Consult's proprietary technology and analysis for real-time, intelligent data to transform information into a competitive advantage.
Morning Consult is hiring a Director of Business Development to own the end-to-end revenue generation cycle within the region. This role requires an entrepreneurial and assertive mindset with the ability to operate in ambiguity. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on everything from leading pitch meetings, prospecting new leads, negotiating contracts, and helping build the team’s internal processes.
As one of the first members of the business development team in New York, Directors will have significant opportunities to expand their roles and responsibilities, contribute to the company's overall strategy and competitive positioning, and help build the business development team.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Research and develop new business opportunities through in-person events, outbound pitches, and inbound requests
- Present, promote and pitch products/services to prospective clients, including participating in and leading meetings with prospective clients
- Utilize CRM tools to track the progression of sales leads as well as internal team performance
- Help draft sales material, including: client proposals, marketing documents, and case studies
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Oversee the hiring, training, and day-to-day management of business development staff within their assigned region
- 4+ years experience leading sales or account management at a software, consulting, research, or other professional services firm
- Proven track record of professional success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally has familiarity with the survey research field and its methods
- BS/BA or equivalent