Finance & Loan Operations
Morty empowers homebuyers to make smarter, informed decisions about their home purchase. We pair proprietary technology with industry expertise to provide step-by-step transparency around the complicated mortgage process, while educating homebuyers on common questions relating to affordability, mortgage rates, and the various parties involved throughout the process. Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers, so we understand how difficult and important that mission is, and what tools we need to accomplish it. We are funded by the same investors who have backed Compass, Lemonade, Airbnb, and Dropbox, and we’re on a mission to revolutionize the mortgage industry with new tech, new ideas, and a stellar team. Morty is a licensed mortgage broker. All Rights Reserved. Morty, Inc. NMLS ID: #1429243 NMLS Consumer Access website: http://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/EntityDetails.aspx/COMPANY/1429243
Who We’re Looking For We’re looking for a self-sufficient, resourceful, and versatile individual to join our growing Finance & Loan Ops team at Morty. Smart analytical thinkers who are responsible enough to take ownership and deal with situations without written directions, and creative enough to produce great material. Individuals with finance, economics, business or math backgrounds highly preferred. But don’t worry if you don't have experience in loans and mortgages directly–we're here to teach you. We’re looking for someone excited by the idea of shaking up the mortgage industry - just like we are!
Until recently, mortgages have been executed with very little technology. In this role, you will manage Morty’s loan volume and customers from signup through close. This includes everything from loan pricing, to explaining to borrowers the differences in their options. You'll be involved in product development with engineers and mortgage experts–all who are working to build software that makes you better at your job and Morty a better experience for homebuyers.
- Real world experience in either finance, economics, business or math. Strong quantitative skills.
- Willing and able to learn quickly, whether it be cool, new technology we’re working with ourselves, or arcane, ill-conceived data source we need to interface with. No task is too big or too small attitude.
- Strong product mindset and willingness to collaborate with engineering and marketing teams to shape the product and user experience.
- You enjoy creating elegant solutions, but you’re agile and pragmatic enough to know when and how to make compromises in order to ship faster and continuously iterate.
- Ability to prioritize the importance of a number of different tasks without micromanagement.
- Excited to join a startup and put in the hustle required to get things done!