Muck Rack’s software enables PR teams to effectively find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, collaborate as a team, and quantify their impact. Fortune 500 brands, agencies and startups rely on Muck Rack to manage relationships with the media and boost coverage more efficiently. Today’s PR professionals have no time for inaccurate contact information, disjointed workflows or archaic software. That’s why companies such as Under Armour, Taco Bell, Pfizer, Golin and Penguin Random House use Muck Rack to take their communications strategy to the next level. Muck Rack is also the solution of choice for journalists, who use their free, automatically updated portfolios to showcase their work and to provide information about what stories they’re looking for, their personal interests and how they prefer to be pitched.
Muck Rack is the leading software platform for public relations and communications executives. We are looking for an ambitious salesperson to join our fast-growing tech startup in NYC. Our mission is to make journalists, PR pros and marketers more successful by providing them with the technology they need to find journalists to pitch, and monitor their brand on a day-to-day basis via our Muck Rack advanced service.
The Account Executive will take ownership over their footprint among Fortune 1,000 companies and large PR agencies across the world. This position will work closely with the Executive Vice President responsible for sales.
- Serving as a primary contact person for sales leads
- Proactively reaching out to potential leads for business promotion to setup calls and meetings
- Organizing feedback from sales calls
- Becoming involved in the public relations industry in New York and beyond
- Hitting sales goals
- Demoing Muck Rack at meetings, on phone calls and at events
- Attending events to meet new leads
- Tracking industry news to identify outreach opportunities
- Knowledge of the PR and journalism industries (preferred but not required)
- 1-3 years experience working in marketing, business development, PR, or sales
- Following and analyzing the news to assist with marketing and business promotion
- Dropbox, Trello, Google Apps, sales CRMs
- Prior experience using social media and having a presence on popular platforms (i.e., - - - Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) to help with business promotion and outreach
- Sharing lots of animated GIFs
- Using the latest and greatest mobile and web apps