Account Development Representative (NYC)
MuleSoft makes it easy to connect the world’s applications, data and devices. We provide a flexible, unified software platform that enables organizations to easily build application networks using APIs - the digital glue that allows applications to talk to each other and exchange data. MuleSoft is at the heart of the applications and services you use every day, like Netflix, Spotify and Salesforce, from Global 500 corporations to emerging companies in more than 60 countries.We're growing fast, and we've been awarded Best Place to Work time and time again. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we have 15 global offices, including London, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Sydney, New York City, and Atlanta.
Come join the MuleSoft account development team and be surrounded by a powerhouse team of dynamic sales trailblazers, leading the charge in Silicon Valley business development.
As a critical arm of MuleSoft’s sales organization, the team leads MuleSoft’s outcome-based sale, applying deep discovery and research in order to engage and inspire prospects towards the path of API-led connectivity, resulting in the highest quality, quantity and velocity of strategic pipeline.
Our team is dedicated to fostering meaningful personal and professional growth, creating an unparalleled culture of winning, engagement, empowerment, learning and team. We are an elite team of the highest-caliber individuals, salespeople and leaders, not only within MuleSoft, but across our industry.
- Complete account development training program in our San Francisco HQ. Learn about MuleSoft’s values and culture, meet our global leaders, get equipped with various sales techniques and gain a basic understanding of MuleSoft’s offering, the competition, the impact of connectivity, and the transformational outcomes we help customers across ALL industries achieve.
- No quota responsibility.
- Achieve 50% of quota.
- Craft a strategic account penetration plan for your book of business and begin actively driving new opportunities within that account base.
- Strengthen your sales skills and technical knowledge with regular one on one coaching.
- Achieve fluency in reframing both business and technical solutions at a C-suite level with prospects.
- Achieve 75% of quota.
- Be an integral part of the sales team and essential to the revenue success of your vertical and region.
- Have a firm grasp of sales best practices and be able to on-board and help train new starters.
- You desire the opportunity to be a part of an elite team: You agree that “good enough” is the enemy of “great".
- You are not typical: You want more than the typical sales development or account generation role. You want to work for the best sales and account development organization in the industry.
- You are incredibly bright: You have the cognitive horsepower and desire to craft and deliver MuleSoft’s sales strategies for a variety of complex buyers.
- You are an eager and restless learner: You are constantly looking for new ways to grow both personally and professionally.
- You are a challenger: You love connecting the dots in business strategy and are comfortable bringing a provocative point of view to any internal or customer facing meeting. You are radically candid in your feedback and are constantly seeking feedback in return.
- You want to be surrounded by the best team possible: You seek out those who push you to be better and enable you to grow through continuous coaching.
- You go above and beyond for your team: You want your team to trust in your ability to execute with excellence.
- You thrive when you’re out of your comfort zone: You have a track record of pushing yourself to grow both professionally and personally.
- You’re a leader: You don’t simply work hard, you seize ownership and do what it takes to get things done.
- You are looking to launch your career: You’re not simply shopping around for your next job. You want the opportunity to continue to rapidly grow and develop as a professional.
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree required.
- Equity at one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of all time.
- Industry leading sales training program -- think of it as a four week “MBA in sales”.
- Incredible, open office, based in the heart of San Francisco.
- Catered, healthy lunches - twice weekly.
- Fully-stocked kitchen with breakfast, and healthy snacks.
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family “No policy” vacation policy.
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA).
- Ample opportunities for team building outside of the office Regular, themed happy hours.
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration.