Strategic Account Executive
MuleSoft makes it easy to connect the world’s applications, data and devices. We provide a flexible, unified software platform that enables organizations to easily build application networks using APIs - the digital glue that allows applications to talk to each other and exchange data. MuleSoft is at the heart of the applications and services you use every day, like Netflix, Spotify and Salesforce, from Global 500 corporations to emerging companies in more than 60 countries.We're growing fast, and we've been awarded Best Place to Work time and time again. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we have 15 global offices, including London, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Sydney, New York City, and Atlanta.
A fast growing, pre-IPO software startup, is seeking a Strategic Account Executive with 5-10 years of experience to drive revenue by managing the enterprise sales cycle and closing deals.
The Strategic Account Executive (Financial Services) will take ownership of revenue generation, develop new opportunities, manage pipeline, create & execute account strategies, close large enterprise-level deals, and manage customer expansion for our award winning and leading enterprise integration solutions.
The ideal candidate will possess the intelligence and aptitude to position the benefits of enterprise integration software, as well as the strategic thinking to drive a complex enterprise sales process, within a Sales 2.0 business model. Strong track record of success in selling to large Financial Services accounts is a must.
- You will establish and develop a strategy for identifying and closing new software and services sales opportunities directly with targeted key Financial Services strategic accounts and new strategic prospects across multiple industry verticals within your assigned territory
- Present MuleSoft solutions using appropriate value-based sales approaches and techniques, including team and/or consultative presentations and efforts
- Help develop and execute in-territory or vertically-focused field marketing campaigns to drive awareness and lead generation
- Manage complex sales-cycles across our entire portfolio of products and present to Director, VP, and C-level executives the value of our enterprise integration solutions
- Interface with all levels of the target organizations, including IT architects, developers and senior executives
- Collaborate and lead successful execution of sales activities with internal cross-functional teams, with senior management and corporate counsel, through contract negotiation and signed contracts
- Manage all sales activity and monthly forecasting of revenue in Salesforce
- 4-6 months: Build a future opportunity pipeline that is 2-3x the annual quota for the territory
- 12 months: Exceed annual sales quota
- 30 days: Complete on-boarding training and gain a sufficient working knowledge of MuleSoft’s product, value proposition, case studies and competitive differentiation, as well as sales process, approval and contracting processes
- 60 days: Evaluate and research accounts in territory, develop and begin execution of a prioritized territory attack plan, including generation of Key Account attack plans for top 3 accounts representing $500-$1M in ACV each
Projects & Deliverables
- 90 days: Collaborate with Marketing to develop and/or execute in-territory or vertically-focused field marketing campaigns to drive awareness and lead generation
- 4 months: Deliver a report to Sales Management on the health and engagement status of the territory, target verticals, solution requirements, key competitors, etc.
- Track record of consistent earnings over-achievement in past Account Executive roles (top 10-20% of company), advancement and increased responsibility in past positions
- Evidence of exceptional commitment to a process-driven sales approach, and accurately tracking and forecasting of all customer engagement and activity through the use of Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - superior academic performance
- 5-10 years of sales experience to large Financial Services accounts, minimum 2 years of solution selling
- Team player with the highest level of integrity. This is a MuleSoft core value
- Previous experience with open source solutions or with an annual subscription sales model a major plus
- Pre-IPO equity
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Mac or PC
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration