Senior Client Executive
Nautilus Labs is a technology company focused on advancing the efficiency of maritime transportation. We drive positive transformation and sustainability in the shipping industry. Nautilus enables maritime shipping companies to easily optimize their business for speed and consumption through a cloud-based analytics platform that provides unified fleet intelligence.
To support our growth, we are seeking an experienced technology sales professional to build relationships with maritime shipping businesses and sell a unique SaaS solution that provides quantifiable value and efficiency to shipping organizations. In order to be successful, this individual must be empathetic, technically-minded, and analytical, as well as possess experience executing full-cycle consultative enterprise sales.
To start, this means being a rockstar individual contributor, who is not afraid to roll up her/his sleeves, get creative, and find innovative and personalized ways to secure meetings with new prospective clients. Long-term, this means having the passion and desire to exceed sales targets, develop deep trusted relationships with our clients, and coach up and mentor new members of the Sales teams as we grow.
More than just being a client executive, you will play an elemental role in our long-term engagement lifecycle with clients. While you will have clear KPIs focused on securing and growing revenue streams, you will collaborate closely with Success, Integrations, Product, and Engineering, in order to ensure the long-term success of partnerships that you bring in. And you will have the opportunity to work directly with the C-Suite at a high-growth NYC start-up.
Outcomes for this role:
- Own top-of-the-funnel outreach activities for individual sales pipeline
- Manage sales cycle from initial discovery to post-kickoff.
- Meet or exceed quarterly signings targets
- Internalize common product use cases and own product demonstrations with prospective customers
- Build a technical understanding of product as well as prospects’ needs in order to provide valuable feedback to Nautilus Labs engineering and product teams
- Help Nautilus Labs roll out a territory or account prioritization strategy
- 3-5 years of experience in consultative technology sales
- Prior experience and deep belief in data-driven sales methodologies
- Interested in and adept at rapidly learning about a new industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to generate client-facing content and dialogue
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to attain key metrics and targets
- Results-driven strategic thinker who is able to thrive in an unstructured and fast-paced environment
- Experience up-selling/cross-selling new products within an existing customer base
- Passionate about our mission and in changing the way a massive industry works
- Personable, collaborative, thoughtful, empathetic, tenacious, with a good sense of humor
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Prior experience (2+ years) working at early-stage or growth-stage startups
- Prior experience (2+ years) in SaaS and solution selling data/analytics tools
- Prior experience (2+ years) working in the maritime industry with ship owner-operating companies