Territory Business Development Representative
NGINX, Inc. is the company behind NGINX, the popular open source project trusted by more than 400 million sites. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications as well as deliver new, microservices‑based applications. Companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonalds rely on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed innovation. NGINX investors include Blue Cloud Ventures, e.ventures, Goldman Sachs, Index Ventures, MSD Capital, NEA, Runa Capital, and Telstra Ventures. NGINX, Inc. is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with an EMEA head office in Cork, Ireland and APAC head office in Singapore. For more information about NGINX please visit nginx.com.
NGINX helps the world's most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet's busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX Software, Inc. is searching for an enthusiastic, eager-to-learn Territory Business Development Representative (TBDR) to join the growing sales team in San Francisco. If you are just getting started in your sales career or looking for a change, NGINX is the perfect place!
This position requires previous experience with prospecting and is focused on prospecting greenfield accounts. TBDR candidates during the interview should not only be able to demonstrate the ability to comprehend NGINX Plus, but also differentiate it from the open source offering. They will also be expected to articulate how they would be creative and thoughtful in their approach to solicit a response from prospects.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We're a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we'd love to talk.
- Schedule highly qualified meetings from inbound and cold campaigns within target accounts for territory sales
- Leverage prospecting tools such as Groove.io, LinkedIn Navigator, and outbound calling techniques to schedule meetings with identified target accounts
- Collaborate with marketing, support, field sales, and product teams to facilitate new programs, messaging, campaigns, and offerings
- Ensure inbound requests and opportunity handoffs to sales, business development, and support are successful and exceed the customer's satisfaction
- Ensure reporting and communications are frequent and bi-directional
- Exhibit qualities of overachievement, self-motivation, good teamwork, and positive attitude
- Meet and exceed minimum activity metrics: 50 Dials, 10 conversations, and 50 emails per day
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of prospecting
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com CRM tool and LinkedIn/prospecting tools
- Previous experience with technology is a plus