Team Lead Inside Sales
Oscar is a new kind of health insurance company that’s revolutionizing the industry. We use cutting edge technology, data, and design to deliver a better healthcare experience. We've brought together leaders from top technology and healthcare companies to help people navigate the complex and confusing healthcare industry. We all work together in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
Oscar is backed by world renowned tech investors and has raised significant funding to fuel one of the biggest disruptions in US healthcare.
What is the Position?
Oscar’s Inside Sales team needs an engaging and experienced Team Lead to support our growth. Your role will begin by completing a training program that includes the ins and outs of the Affordable Care Act, Oscar Health Insurance, inside sales techniques, and a license to sell health insurance in New York and New Jersey.
You will then use these skills to work directly with Oscar’s prospective members to answer their questions and connect them with the right Oscar health insurance plan. The responsibilities of this role will evolve quickly as we continue to add to our team. By fall you will begin to lead a team of sales consultants and support them as they interact with prospective members.
Responsibilities (June - September)
Answer inbound phone calls from prospective members, educate them about health insurance, and assist them in selecting the Oscar plan that best meets their needs Meticulously document all sales interactions and activity Deliver a great experience through every touch point with potential and existing members Develop a mastery of Oscar content and tools
Responsibilities (September onward)
Support a team of sales consultants through hiring to training to working independently on the phones Review your team’s calls and emails to ensure consistency and quality across all prospective member and member interactions Coach and develop a team of top-performing sales consultants
- Quick learner who is not afraid to ask questions
- Energized by leading and training people
- Engaging educator of all types of people
- Comfortable operating in high pressure environments
- Experience managing or coaching professionals
- Previous sales experience and spanish speakers are preferred
- Base Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
- On Target Earnings: $60,000 - $70,000
- Work with great people and get valuable experience at a disruptive, hyper-growth NYC tech startup
- Amazing company perks and competitive pay with uncapped commissions
- Incredible growth opportunities
- Opportunity to become a licensed, health insurance agent in NY and NJ