Customer Service Representative
Healthcare is broken; we're trying to fix it. The Oscar team is focused on utilizing technology, design and data to humanize healthcare. We're a group of technology and healthcare professionals who looked at the current state of the US healthcare system, got frustrated by the horrible consumer experience, and decided to do something big about it. Backed by a renowned set of investors and advisors, we’ve set out to revolutionize healthcare.
Oscar is dedicated to offering a positive, more human health insurance experience. As a part of the customer service team, you will be responsible for providing exceptional service to our members, as well as ensuring the member voice is well-represented in all that we do as an organization.
You will provide support and education, tackle complex issues, and be the voice of Oscar to our members and partners.
Day to day, you will:
- Help our members navigate the complex healthcare ecosystem
- Field member and provider inquiries by phone + email
- Practice real-time problem solving and process development
- Collaborate with teammates to investigate and resolve complex cases
- Provide feedback into improving the Company
- This role requires you to be available from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. or 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m, 7 days a week (you will be assigned a regular consistent 8 hour/day shift five days a week, but we require the availability for scheduling)
- Within the first 3 mos you receive in depth training, complete and pass our content exam, start taking calls and servicing our members
- From 3 to 6 mos you’re in full swing assisting our members
- From 6 mos and onward you will be expected to perfect your performance while taking on projects that focus on developing your skills and improving Oscar’s member services
- You are self-motivated, hard-working and organized
- You possess strong communication skills
- You enjoy solving complicated problems
- You’re fun, curious and creative
- You respond to challenges with patience, empathy, and tenacity
- Part of our member population is Spanish-speaking, so fluency in Spanish is a plus!