Customer Service Representative
Oscar is a new kind of health insurance company that’s revolutionizing the industry. We use cutting edge technology, data, and design to deliver a better healthcare experience. We've brought together leaders from top technology and healthcare companies to help people navigate the complex and confusing healthcare industry. We all work together in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
Oscar is backed by world renowned tech investors and has raised significant funding to fuel one of the biggest disruptions in US healthcare.
Oscar is dedicated to offering a positive, more human health insurance experience. As a part of the customer service team, you will be responsible for providing exceptional service to our members, as well as ensuring the member voice is well-represented in all that we do as an organization.
You will provide support and education, tackle complex issues, and be the voice of Oscar to our members and partners.
Day to day, you will:
- Help our members navigate the complex healthcare ecosystem
- Field member and provider inquiries by phone + email
- Practice real-time problem solving and process development
- Collaborate with teammates to investigate and resolve complex cases
- Provide feedback into improving the Company
- This role requires you to be available from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. or 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m, 7 days a week (you will be assigned a regular consistent 8 hour/day shift five days a week, but we require the availability for scheduling)
- Within the first 3 mos you receive in depth training, complete and pass our content exam, start taking calls and servicing our members
- From 3 to 6 mos you’re in full swing assisting our members
- From 6 mos and onward you will be expected to perfect your performance while taking on projects that focus on developing your skills and improving Oscar’s member services
- You are self-motivated, hard-working and organized
- You possess strong communication skills
- You enjoy solving complicated problems
- You’re fun, curious and creative
- You respond to challenges with patience, empathy, and tenacity
- Part of our member population is Spanish-speaking, so fluency in Spanish is a plus!