Customer Service Representative - Part Time
Health care is broken; we're trying to fix it. The Oscar team is focused on utilizing technology, design and data to humanize health care. We're a group of technology and health care professionals who looked at the current state of the US health care system, got frustrated by the horrible consumer experience, and decided to do something big about it. Backed by a renowned set of investors and advisors, we’ve set out to revolutionize health care.
Oscar is dedicated to offering a positive, more human health insurance experience. As a part of the customer service team, you will be the point person for our members who are dealing with the really tough stuff in life - severe or chronic health issues, education of health benefits, and loss of employment, among others. You will help them navigate not only their health insurance but also the larger healthcare system, and serve as their voice within our organization.
We are looking to hire part-time teammates to join us Monday thru Friday to work between 20 to 25 hours per week. This role is ideal for students interested in healthcare, especially those pursuing degrees in public health, premed, healthcare economics, or health administration.
Day to day, you will:
- Field complex member and provider inquiries by phone and email
- Advocate for the member and their needs, internally and externally
- Coordinate with other teams to provide comprehensive support
- Practice real-time problem solving and process development
What to expect:
- This role requires you to be available from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. or 12:00 - 9:00 p.m. Monday - Friday, in which you may be scheduled approx 25 hours per week.
- The first 3 weeks of training you will be scheduled Mon - Friday 8:00-5:00 p.m.
- Within the first 3 mos you receive in depth training, complete and pass our content exam, start taking calls and servicing our members
- From 3 to 6 mos you’re in full swing assisting our members
- From 6 mos and onward you will be expected to perfect your performance while developing your skills and improving Oscar’s member services
- You are self-motivated, hard-working and organized
- You possess strong communication skills
- You enjoy solving complicated problems
- You’re fun, curious and creative
- You respond to challenges with patience, empathy, and tenacity
- Part of our member population is Spanish-speaking, so fluency in Spanish is a plus!