Customer Service Representative - Part Time
Oscar is a new kind of health insurance company that’s revolutionizing the industry. We use cutting edge technology, data, and design to deliver a better healthcare experience. We've brought together leaders from top technology and healthcare companies to help people navigate the complex and confusing healthcare industry. We all work together in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
Oscar is backed by world renowned tech investors and has raised significant funding to fuel one of the biggest disruptions in US healthcare.
Oscar is dedicated to offering a positive, more human health insurance experience. As a part of the customer service team, you will be the point person for our members who are dealing with the really tough stuff in life - severe or chronic health issues, education of health benefits, and loss of employment, among others. You will help them navigate not only their health insurance but also the larger healthcare system, and serve as their voice within our organization.
We are looking to hire part-time teammates to join us Monday thru Friday to work between 20 to 25 hours per week. This role is ideal for students interested in healthcare, especially those pursuing degrees in public health, premed, healthcare economics, or health administration.
Day to day, you will:
- Field complex member and provider inquiries by phone and email
- Advocate for the member and their needs, internally and externally
- Coordinate with other teams to provide comprehensive support
- Practice real-time problem solving and process development
What to expect:
- This role requires you to be available from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. or 12:00 - 9:00 p.m. Monday - Friday, in which you may be scheduled approx 25 hours per week.
- The first 3 weeks of training you will be scheduled Mon - Friday 8:00-5:00 p.m.
- Within the first 3 mos you receive in depth training, complete and pass our content exam, start taking calls and servicing our members
- From 3 to 6 mos you’re in full swing assisting our members
- From 6 mos and onward you will be expected to perfect your performance while developing your skills and improving Oscar’s member services
- You are self-motivated, hard-working and organized
- You possess strong communication skills
- You enjoy solving complicated problems
- You’re fun, curious and creative
- You respond to challenges with patience, empathy, and tenacity
- Part of our member population is Spanish-speaking, so fluency in Spanish is a plus!