Health care is broken; we're trying to fix it. The Oscar team is focused on utilizing technology, design and data to humanize health care. We're a group of technology and health care professionals who looked at the current state of the US health care system, got frustrated by the horrible consumer experience, and decided to do something big about it. Backed by a renowned set of investors and advisors, we’ve set out to revolutionize health care.
Our Sales Consultants will have the opportunity to kick-start a successful career in health insurance and startup sales with one of the most high-profile startups in NYC. As a Sales Consultant, you’ll receive a three week crash course in health insurance sales where you’ll earn your license and learn the ins and outs of the Affordable Care Act and Oscar’s plans. After training, you’ll hone your new skills by helping potential new members find the right plan and sign up for health coverage. This position is temporary and will run from your hire date to the end of Open Enrollment 2016 (February 2016).
We are looking for smart and driven people: NO PREVIOUS SALES EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
During a typical day you will
- Answer inbound calls from prospective members, evaluate their needs, and assist them in selecting the Oscar plan that is the best fit.
- Conduct outbound sales calls to follow up on leads
- Meticulously document all sales interactions and activity
- Deliver a great experience through every touch point
- On deadline days it's all hands on deck, so don't be surprised if our CEO starts answering calls alongside you.
- You are a clear communicator
- Learn quickly and are not afraid to ask questions
- Work hard and sweat the details (they matter a lot!)
- Are a positive team player who enjoys helping others
- Are comfortable operating in fast-paced, high pressure environments
- Bonus points if you speak Spanish