Health care is broken; we're trying to fix it. The Oscar team is focused on utilizing technology, design and data to humanize health care. We're a group of technology and health care professionals who looked at the current state of the US health care system, got frustrated by the horrible consumer experience, and decided to do something big about it. Backed by a renowned set of investors and advisors, we’ve set out to revolutionize health care.
Oscar is building its Network for New York. This involves contracting with thousands of Providers (doctors, nurses, medical services, and other healthcare partners). Network Specialists will help find, negotiate, contract, educate and onboard our Provider Partners. We will expect you to quickly come up to speed on the process of contracting, contribute to our current methods so they become more intelligent and simple, and help facilitate the construction of an awesome and affordable healthcare network for Oscar Members.
Interested professionals should enjoy fast paced, activity driven work, while also being open-minded and transparent about how can we best assemble this process to deliver excellent networks for our members and scale our process to new locations. This is a temporary role, with expected duration of 3-4 months.
Successful Network Specialists will:
- Learn our process, technology, and industry quickly.
- Help us improve our process and methods for maximum efficiency.
- Have a genuine care and concern for our provider partners and reflect on the member experience we are building together.
- Pay attention to detail and have discipline around working and closing hundreds of deals.
- Use phones, email, fax, and other methods of communication to complete deals with provides, practices, and other health system partners.
We’d like to talk to you if:
- Enjoy activity driven work with lots of touch points while juggling lots of balls simultaneously
- Have an interest in or experience with healthcare networks and assembling healthcare delivery systems
- Enjoy contracting, negotiations, sales, or other customer oriented jobs
- Are able to follow procedures or workflows while simultaneously improving them
- Enjoy iterating and improving systems to deliver industry dominating outcomes.