Business Development Representative
Parse.ly partners with digital publishers to provide clear audience insights through an intuitive analytics platform. Thousands of writers, editors, site managers, and technologists use Parse.ly to understand what content draws in website visitors, and why. Using our powerful dashboards and APIs, customers build successful digital strategies that allow them to grow and engage a loyal audience. Industry leaders -- like Mashable, Slate, News Corp, and Conde Nast -- partner with Parse.ly to bring clarity to content, audience, and analytics.Founded in 2009 in New York City, Parse.ly is venture-funded and privately held. Read more about us on our blog: http://blog.parsely.com.
Parse.ly is looking for a motivated Sales Development Representative to further accelerate the rapid growth the company has seen in the last 3+ years. The position will be based in our New York City headquarters which features an amazing startup culture, a collaborative team, and awesome amenities.
Our ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, a quick learner, self-motivated, comfortable with technology, and must have leadership potential. If you thrive in an environment where you can contribute to a team, love finding solutions for people, and want to be part of changing the media industry then we'd love to talk to you!
Primary responsibilities will include qualifying people interested in Parse.ly, finding and reaching out to companies that could use Parse.ly, and creating/supporting sales opportunities. As an early employee you’ll be working directly with executives at Parse.ly, and your work will directly impact most aspects of the company.
- Prospect up to 100 leads weekly through phone, email, LinkedIn, etc.
- Reply to and follow up with inbound inquiries in timely manner
- Schedule 3-4 meetings per week
- Manage outreach campaigns and leverage performance data to optimize prospecting efforts
- Understand the challenges our clients face
- Communicate basic value of our product to new prospects to open up more in depth conversations
- 1+ years of sales experience is a plus, but applicants of all experience levels are encouraged to apply
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- Experience with or an interest in Startup culture
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and interest in online media businesses
- Experience / familiarity with SaaS businesses
- Base Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
- On Target Earnings: $57,000 - $77,000 (Uncapped)
- Stock Options Available
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Meet and connect with executives at the biggest publishers online.
- Work with the brightest team in NYC that are hyper-focused on success.
- Learn how to start and grow a business as an entrepreneur.
- Make a name for yourself in digital media.