Business Development Representative
Parse.ly empowers companies to understand, own and improve digital audience engagement through data. We help companies that create content ensure the work they do makes the impact it deserves, whether that’s furthering journalism’s reach into underserved communities or creating loyal audiences for brands trying to reach consumers. Parse.ly clients, who include some of the largest media companies in the world, harness their audience's potential through our content-centric real-time and historical content analytics dashboard, API, and data pipeline. Industry leaders -- like Hearst, Time Inc., News Corp, and Conde Nast -- partner with Parse.ly to bring clarity to content, audience, and analytics. See our open positions: https://www.parse.ly/jobs/
Parse.ly is looking for a motivated Sales Development Representative to further accelerate the rapid growth the company has seen in the last 3+ years. The position will be based in our New York City headquarters which features an amazing startup culture, a collaborative team, and awesome amenities.
Our ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, a quick learner, self-motivated, comfortable with technology, and must have leadership potential. If you thrive in an environment where you can contribute to a team, love finding solutions for people, and want to be part of changing the media industry then we'd love to talk to you!
Primary responsibilities will include qualifying people interested in Parse.ly, finding and reaching out to companies that could use Parse.ly, and creating/supporting sales opportunities. As an early employee you’ll be working directly with executives at Parse.ly, and your work will directly impact most aspects of the company.
- Prospect up to 100 leads weekly through phone, email, LinkedIn, etc.
- Reply to and follow up with inbound inquiries in timely manner
- Schedule 3-4 meetings per week
- Manage outreach campaigns and leverage performance data to optimize prospecting efforts
- Understand the challenges our clients face
- Communicate basic value of our product to new prospects to open up more in depth conversations
- 1+ years of sales experience is a plus, but applicants of all experience levels are encouraged to apply
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- Experience with or an interest in Startup culture
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and interest in online media businesses
- Experience / familiarity with SaaS businesses
- Base Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
- On Target Earnings: $57,000 - $77,000 (Uncapped)
- Stock Options Available