Business Development Representative
Uncover what matters. Frame the best brand of you. Particle provided research-driven strategy, information architecture, and user experience consulting for organizations and agencies seeking thoughtful ways to build brand on the web. The experience and value your brand radiates is multifaceted—and on the web, you must be much more than a sum of parts. Brand composition, messaging, information architecture, and user experience are additive frameworks: core brand properties inform the structure of discourse with your audiences, which informs information architecture, content strategy, and user experience. This way of thinking powers the Particle mission: collaborating to define and distill your component parts in order to find and frame the best brand of you, and enable you to proceed—with confidence—into design and development of a dynamic new web presence that meets your goals. [Your org chart does not a sitemap make!]
We are looking for smart, energetic Business Development Professionals who are eager to help shape how we identify and engage with new customers. Our customers span all industries, from energy companies to healthcare, so it’s important for candidates to be naturally curious and have great communication skills. We look for candidates who possess the drive to take the next step in their career - exploring the many possible avenues for growth within Particle - including in functions we haven’t even created yet!
- Achieve monthly quota of sourced qualified opportunities
- Qualify inbound leads and identify new opportunities living within our Developer Community of 150,000+ members
- Articulate Particle’s value proposition to assess a fit with prospective customers’ business needs
- Partner with Account Executives to identify companies that fit our ideal customer profile and proactively prospect into those target verticals and accounts
- Craft thoughtful and targeted messaging to further build the pipeline
- Help create a database of CRM intelligence by consistently logging activities, updating information, adding contacts, and entering new accounts
- Contribute ideas and action plans on ways we can improve!
- 1+ years of experience in sales development or similar disciplines
- Diligence, curiosity and an appetite for getting things done quickly and effectively. You love to set challenging goals and then develop plans to deliver and achieve them.
- Excellent and clear communication skills. This means writing compelling yet concise emails to prospects, maintaining poise on the phone and being an active listener.
- A knack for problem-solving and brainstorming. You look at the way things are, imagine twenty ways they can be improved, and then act on the best possible solution.
- Flexibility and adaptability. You’re excited to wear a lot of hats (even if they’re out of your particular job description) and to learn new things.
- Proven ability to craft engaging messaging to prospects
- Proficiency with software tools, such as Salesforce, Google Suite, Office and HubSpot