Senior Commercial Account Executive
Pendo is a product cloud that provides user insight, user guidance and user communication for digital product teams. We help product teams deliver software users love. With Pendo, these product teams can understand product usage, collect feedback, measure NPS, onboard users, and announce new features in app—all without requiring engineering resources. Founded in 2013 in the heart of Raleigh and backed by Battery Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech Capital, Pendo has raised $56 million and counts nearly 1,000 customers, including Zendesk, LexisNexis, Coupa, Gainsight, BMC, and Sprinklr. In 2017, Pendo was named a Top 50 Startup by LinkedIn. In 2018, the company was named a Best Workplace by Inc. Magazine. Pendo tracks 1.5 billion user actions a day, and improves the product experience for 80 million users every month. Pendo is also the producer of ProductCraft, a destination editorial site with insights by and for product leaders; and Pendomonium, a premier product conference. For more information, visit: www.pendo.io.
The Pendo Sales team has the goal of growing the business by 3x year over year. We have a team sales mentality where everyone works together toward a common objective. We are very metrics driven and hold ourselves to a high level of accountability. We follow these core values:
- Hit your numbers
- Work as a team
- Grow and learn
- Be exceptional
- Have fun
As a Sr. Account Executive, you will be responsible for overseeing the success plan in a specific sales geo-territory. This will include managing a territory's larger deal cycles from generation through to close. While this role is not a managerial role, it will include strategizing with the Business Development Representative and Account Executive in that territory and running team efforts. You will be the primary contact with higher-tier revenue customers and have the responsibilities of demoing Pendo's platform, providing technical assistance, successfully navigating a proof of concept, and negotiating contracts. As a Sr. Account Executive, you will be accountable for developing the plan that will lead to hitting your territory goal, with the full assistance of the company to make you successful.
What you will do:
- Work full cycle deals from demo complete to close
- Research and target exciting new SaaS companies using prospecting tools
- Be an integral part of Pendo's new sales team in New York City!
- Build and manage a territory plan
- Learn and demonstrate the Pendo platform to new prospective customers
- Navigate a customer through a 30-day free trial and proof of concept
- Negotiate contracts
- Record and document all sales activities in SalesForce.com
- 5 years or more of sales experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial SaaS environment.
- Proven success in closing deal sizes at or above 100k.
- Consistent track record of hitting goal and numbers.
- Possess an understanding of SaaS financial metrics.
- Willingness to learn in a high-paced sales environment.
- Ability to embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable.
- The ability to learn technology basics and apply them to business situations.
- Bonus: Technical or Product Management background.
- Bonus: Entrepreneurial background