Business Development Director
PERCH was founded in 2012 with a transformational vision for the physical retail industry – By overlaying digital experiences on top of physical products, retailers and brands can enrich the shopping experience, drive remarkable product conversion lift and surprise and delight their customers. The future of retail marketing is physically aware displays that sense what customers are doing, what products they are touching and deliver the right marketing message at the right point of the journey.
That future is here and now - we’ve successfully delivered Physical + Digital marketing campaigns to a who’s who of retail innovators and category leaders. We believe these experiences can and should be magical. That’s our mission. Our 3D sensing technology detects when shoppers touch, pick up or put down a product, triggering delightful and informative experiences at that critical moment when they consider purchase. We merge the digital with the physical.
We are retail experts, creatives, designers, software and hardware engineers, PhDs in Computer Vision, MIT Media Lab graduates. We share a passion for reimagining the in-store shopping experience grounded in a business background of driving real ROI and meaningful business transformation. We are relentlessly dedicated to our customers’ success.
And we are growing. Quickly. Are you interested in changing the landscape of retail shopping and creating magical digital and physical experiences with us?
PERCH, the leader in interactive retail experience, is seeking a Business Development Director to work full time at our office in Downtown Manhattan. We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic and talented individual with significant sales experience to lead our business development and marketing efforts. This person will work closely with the CEO, playing an integral role in scaling the business, and defining our overarching strategy.
- Lead and direct all business development
- Work closely with Founder / CEO
- Cross the chasm from pilots to rollouts
- Build out business development and marketing team
- Form partnerships with digital and experiential agencies
- Manage relationships with international partners
- Bachelors Degree (Masters Preferred)
- 7+ years of Business Development experience in enterprise or digital media sales
- Exceptional communication skills
- Stellar team building and management experience
- Significant experience in B2B sales to brands and retailers
- Keen understanding of shopper marketing and retail experience
- Ability to think strategically and creatively in realtime with clients
- Expertise in copywriting and directing design of marketing materials
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive to generate real growth
- Base Salary: $120,000 - $150,000
- On Target Earnings: $320,000 - $350,000
- Equity Options: 1.00% - 2.00%