Director, North American Sales
Pond5 is transforming the role of video in the creative process by connecting producers, creative directors, and editors to more than 60,000 creators in over 150 countries. The company strives to improve creative production through its innovative artist technology, easy-to-use platform, and ever-growing library of more than 9 million royalty-free video clips, plus millions of music tracks, sound effects, photos, and other high-quality media. Pond5 is a venture-backed company funded by Accel Partners and Stripes Group with offices located in New York, Dublin, and Prague.
Pond5 operates the world’s largest collection of royalty free footage and other media assets, with over 60,000 contributors in over 150 countries. Our footage is an integral part of the production process for just about every TV and film production, and our assets provide creators with an array of options that often exceed the types of shots they can film on their own- either because of budget, time, or practicality. Because of the massive demand for our collection and overall growth in the video and social media, TV, and film production market, we are adding a leadership position to our sales team to drive incremental growth in sales across North America.
Pond5 is specifically seeking an experienced, energetic, driven and entrepreneurial talent in New York to lead a team of sales executives to help customers to exploit the growth potential of the market by developing and executing strategies for growing current and new enterprise customers. The ideal candidate is strategic, results-driven, and excited to inspire a team to drive growth.
Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will leverage your significant sales experience in a fast-moving, dynamic environment, helping production clients achieve their production and creative goals and helping Pond5 rapidly expand our customer base. If you are motivated to win and have the drive to keep up with our rapid-growth high-volume pace, we want to hear from you.
- Work with Pond5’s Chief Revenue Officer to plan and implement the company’s business and sales strategy in North America
- Take initiative to identify North America wide business strategies/opportunities for Pond5
- Explore, evaluate and draft concrete proposals to grow our business through geographical, sector and solution based initiatives
- Set and achieve the revenue, margin and cost targets for the North American business
- Maintain and develop an effective sales pipeline, developing the use of salesforce.com to achieve Pond5’s goals
- Set KPIs for the North American Sales team and individuals
- Represent North America and global Sales leadership team
- Manage the North American Sales team on a day to day basis, including involvement in major selling opportunities, account planning, and review of performance against revenue and KPI targets
- Accurately report and forecast to CRO
- Represent Pond5 in North America at conferences and events
- Seek and share competitor and marketing intelligence
- Oversee performance management sales staff
- Develop the team by ensuring Pond5 has effective business and sales training and coaching
- Collaborate across all parts of Pond5, particularly with Content and Marketing teams to ensure we are quickly and successfully to market
- 7+ years of experience in a formal sales capacity, using a CRM, with 3+ years of - experience in a leadership or management capacity
- Knowledge of/interest in the stock industry, including licensing terms
- Relationships within the TV/Production space (with editors, producers, etc.)- knowing how to speak their language and knowing about tech, media, and digital trends preferred
- Experience in TV ad sales is a plus
- Ability to multi task and stay organized
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing, global environment
- Strategy development and strategic thinking
- Presentation skills
- Client relationships
- BA degree is preferred but not required