Senior Account Executive
We believe that outfitting your office should be easy—that’s why we’ve reimagined the way people shop for their workspace. By eliminating middlemen, we’ve created a complete collection of commercial-grade office furniture and supplies while lowering prices and reducing delivery times. From startups to Fortune 500 companies, businesses rely on Poppin for complete workspace solutions to help build their brand and culture. Recognized by Crain’s as one of NY’s fastest-growing businesses, we have furniture showrooms in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Boston. Our award-winning products are used in over 20,000 offices and sold in 3,000 retail locations nationwide. “Work happy” isn’t just our tagline, it’s our ethos. We offer our team a mix of traditional and unconventional perks and pride ourselves on providing top-notch benefits.
Poppin is looking for a super passionate, ambitious, and motivated Sr. Account Executive to join our B2B Sales team at our New York City HQ.
Poppin designs and sells beautiful office products and furniture to make people work happy. We’re changing the way people work one desk at a time. Gone are the days of drab beige cubicles filled with dusty old supplies. We’re outfitting forward thinking companies’ offices with everything they need to jumpstart company culture, get inspired, and make their employees feel good. That’s where you come in. We need Senior Account Executives to spread the Poppin love.
As a Poppin Sr. Account Executive you are professionally aggressive, build long-term customer relationships, and are dedicated to changing the world one desk at a time. You are an enthusiastic brand ambassador with great design aesthetic and style. We’re looking for consultative closers to work hot leads generated by our lead generation/qualification team. If that’s you, we would love to chat.
- Close hot qualified leads generated by our sales development reps
- Identify client needs and opportunities through a consultative sales approach
- Articulate client’s corporate culture through design
- Propose appropriate Poppin solutions for how to design and transform an office experience
- Research, prospect, develop strategic accounts
- Up-sell and cross-sell our three product lines: furniture, customized products and desk accessories
- Build and manage a book of business through both telephone sales and in person visits
- Achieve and strive to exceed expected activity goals and monthly revenue goals
- Manage a consistent pipeline on a daily basis
- Transform offices from drab to fab
- 5-8 years of strong B2B sales experience, with experience selling to, but not limited to: Fashion, Tech, PR/Media, Marketing, Advertising, Design/Architecture, Retail
- Demonstrated success in new business development preferably with a relevant book of clients
- Experience managing sales cycles 1-3 months long with moving pieces and multiple decision makers
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, high energy, activity-driven sales environment
- Passionate about design and aesthetics
- Self-starter; exhibits drive and resourcefulness
- Proactive in identifying opportunities, and demonstrated ability to close new business
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Competitive nature combined with a work happy attitude and an ability to make people smile
- BA/BS Required
- Bonus points if back to school shopping made you geek out in grade school
- Base Salary: $70,000 - $90,000
- On Target Earnings: $120,000 - $140,000 (Uncapped)