Account Executive, Media Sales
Propel is dedicated to helping low-income Americans improve their financial health with technology. Our app Fresh EBT helps nearly 2 million households manage and budget their food stamp benefits by providing the easiest way to check your EBT card balance, see your transaction history, and save money with local deals. Propel is a high growth, for-profit, venture-backed software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Max Levchin, and Nas. Propel has been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, PBS, Wired Magazine, Fast Company, and more. Propel has been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, PBS, Wired Magazine, Fast Company, and more.
You will be responsible for acquiring new advertisers via direct brand customers and through agency relationships. You’re excited about end-to-end sales: figuring out the sales strategy, identifying targets, and executing on sales activities from outreach to close. You have experience working with senior-level advertisers / corporate customers in a consultative fashion. As our first sales team member, you will have a unique opportunity to establish the landscape for all future sales relationships.
- Achieve annual revenue targets through new advertising relationships
- Source new advertisers by diving into a given vertical and identifying top prospects
- Close new advertisers (develop tailored proposals/respond to RFPs, deliver executive-level presentations, negotiate and finalize contracts)
- Work closely with ad operations / other functions to execute on the campaign
- Act as expert on Fresh EBT’s users, capabilities, ad units, etc.
- Build and improve sales materials and case studies
- In the interim, conduct ongoing account management that builds relationships and drive retention (role to be opened)
- Serve as a “voice of the advertiser” to broader business and product teams
- 3-5 years sales experience in online advertising / media
- Deep understanding of online advertising tools and processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with senior-level clients
- Excellent relationship-builder with customer service orientation
- Highly creative in identifying and reaching target customers
- Highly self-driven, autonomous, and excited about bringing in new customers
- Analytical and able to independently conduct sizing / pricing analyses; comfortable with Excel
- Interest in building a business with a strong social mission at the intersection of private and public sectors
- Willing to work in Brooklyn, New York and unrestricted work authorization in the US