Business Development Associate
RapidSOS provides life-saving data from millions of connected devices directly to 9-1-1 and first responders in an emergency – providing faster, more effective response for over 150 million emergencies annually. We partner with public safety to deliver the future of emergency response, today. The infrastructure behind 9-1-1 often dates to the 1960s, limiting emergencies to analogue voice calls. We’ve spent over six years working with 4,000+ first responders and studying millions of 9-1-1 calls to provide agencies nationwide with a cutting-edge emergency response platform. Our founders created RapidSOS to establish a link between connected devices and emergency services. The RapidSOS platform provides life-saving multimedia, health profile, and real-time incident data from connected devices and apps directly to 9-1-1 and first responders. Today, over 3,000 agencies receive life-saving data from RapidSOS. Together with technology companies and the public safety community, we are creating the Internet of Life-Saving Things.
As a Business Development Associate you will support the organization in the cultivation of new business opportunities. Our B2B efforts are focused on signing and executing deals across critical sectors including: telecom, big tech, wearables, insurance, home security, connected car and the shared economy, as well as important partnerships in the nonprofit public safety sectors.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Own targeted prospect opportunities through the entire business development cycle – from first contact to active solution discussions to negotiating and executing agreements
- Build and cultivate productive client relationships
- Create and deliver compelling presentations via in-person meetings, conferences, phone and web
- Develop materials that communicate our unique value proposition to clients and partners
- Provide detailed research and analysis on a variety of segments to support the development of commercial offerings
- Manage market intelligence to increase timely awareness of industry news, competitive threats, and key data
- Support the company leadership in executing the strategic plan, including special projects as necessary
- Help lead our business development team and motivate team members to grow the business and over-achieve sales objectives
- Manage team productivity and activity levels; mentor to success
- Build new business channels and strategic partnerships
- Create and deliver compelling sales presentations via in-person meetings, conferences, phone and web using industry knowledge and market data to convey the RapidSOS value proposition
- Achieve and maintain positive and effective client relationships
- Design and deliver powerful capabilities and proposal presentations; create business opportunities through industry relationships and networks
- Manage a full cycle process; from initiating first contact to signing an agreement
- Highly self-motivated, strong work ethic and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with senior executives (we often get introduced to the C-suite of Fortune 100 potential partners)
- High attention to detail with polished visual, written, and oral presentation skills - fluency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's’ Degree and 2 years of experience at a top tier management consulting firm, investment bank, or leading technology company.