Business Development Internship (Summer)
RapidSOS provides life-saving data from millions of connected devices directly to 9-1-1 and first responders in an emergency – providing faster, more effective response for over 150 million emergencies annually. We partner with public safety to deliver the future of emergency response, today. The infrastructure behind 9-1-1 often dates to the 1960s, limiting emergencies to analogue voice calls. We’ve spent over six years working with 4,000+ first responders and studying millions of 9-1-1 calls to provide agencies nationwide with a cutting-edge emergency response platform. Our founders created RapidSOS to establish a link between connected devices and emergency services. The RapidSOS platform provides life-saving multimedia, health profile, and real-time incident data from connected devices and apps directly to 9-1-1 and first responders. Today, over 3,000 agencies receive life-saving data from RapidSOS. Together with technology companies and the public safety community, we are creating the Internet of Life-Saving Things.
As a Business Development Intern you will support the Business Development Team (SVP, Director, Associate) and CEO in the development of new business opportunities. This position is focused on building partnerships in various ways; performing market research, creating marketing materials and actively reaching out to companies and individuals in order to grow our business.
- Provide detailed research and analysis on a variety of segments to support development of commercial offerings
- Help develop material that communicates our unique value proposition to customers
- Support the Business Development Team as necessary in executing the business development strategic plan, including additional duties and special projects as assigned
- Strong work ethic and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Polished visual, written, and oral presentation skills
- Ability and appetite to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Currently enrolled in business school
- Ability to work with the team in NYC