Sales Development Representative
Health plans built for business.
Small group health insurance is broken. Costs are rising out of control and employers struggle to afford quality benefits plans for employees. Sana is here to fix that. We have built a new kind of health plan from scratch that lets employers offer rich benefits while paying less. Sana uses proprietary technology tools to cut out waste and a novel financing structure that gives companies money back when claims are low, saving up to 30% on total costs.
We are looking for a charismatic and hard-working person to fill an entry-level sales position. You will work closely with our experienced sales team members to develop lead lists, manage a sales pipeline and onboard new customers. You will coordinate marketing campaigns and events to get the word out in the local startup, entrepreneur, small & medium size business communities. You will give feedback to our product team to help make the experience better and better for customers over time. In short, you’ll get to help build an operation from the ground up under the guidance of people who have done it before. It will be hard work, but it will also be a lot of fun!
- Build lead lists and initiate outbound sales conversations via phone, email, social media and direct mail campaigns
- Build and manage a pipeline of potential customers, handling communications and sales operations tasks to assist in closing deals
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge about our product and the health insurance industry
- Help new clients through the onboarding process once they sign up
- Handle logistics around local promotional events
- Provide feedback to the product team on how the product should develop to better meet partner & customer needs
- Learn a lot, work hard and be around really smart, passionate people looking to make a difference!
- 0-2 years professional experience -- ideally in some type of lead generation capacity
- 4 year degree from an accredited University / College
- Based in the Austin
- Entrepreneurial. Self-directed. Excited to build something from scratch
- Excellent communication skills
- Values-oriented. You care about making our healthcare system work better for people and business owners.
- Do you have grit? You aren’t worried about getting your hands dirty and working hard when you need to.
- Comfortable with change. We are a startup and need people who are ok doing things outside of their traditional job description
- Comfortable with modern web applications. We are building all of our software in-house and you will be a key constituent in its development.
- Experience in health insurance or in a startup environment is a plus
- Experience with CRM systems also a plus