Senior Sales Engineer
Scytale was started in 2017 by seasoned engineers from Amazon Web Services, Google, Okta, PagerDuty, Splunk, and Duo Security who want to help enterprise engineers securely and easily build identity-driven, large-scale distributed software systems. We are breathing life into some select ideas we saw unlock innovation and speed at not only these companies, but also at other large-scale, global Internet companies. With the rise of cloud computing, software "containers," and distributed, service-oriented engineering teams, software developers, IT operations managers, and security engineers are being challenged to operate effectively in an increasingly complex and fragmented enterprise IT environment. To help, we are building a set of distinct but well-integrated set of software components that enable disparate enterprise software systems to more easily and securely communicate with each other, even as said systems span across heterogeneous IT environments and platforms. We believe our deep commitment to building and maintaining open source software (OSS) combined with simple (but powerful) products that are usable will drive our success and create a sizeable and lasting impact. Our first step towards this end is the OSS project called SPIFFE (https://spiffe.io), which is catalyzing a standard, tooling, and an ecosystem around the concept of service identity.
We seek a Senior Sales Engineer who can help execute upon Scytale’s commercial strategy and deliver new capabilities to our customers and partners. We seek engineers who want to run proof-of-concept engagements, architect solutions, design and integrate existing systems, write code that solves customer problems, and/or improve the OSS we depend upon.
We prefer a hands-on individual who is equally comfortable speaking with IT executives and software developers. While you may not be a career engineer, account manager, or advocate, you enjoy stepping into their shoes from time to time.
You'll be a full-time employee with full-time benefits, including a competitive salary and stock options. While some of us work from our office in San Francisco, California, USA, others are across the globe. For this role, you can stay right where you are, so long as you're comfortable traveling globally up to 50% of the time.
- Build relationships with customers to better understand their needs and technical architecture to help them succeed, and to help Scytale understand their unique pain.
- Diagnose and advocate the best prescription for any given customer, and then help them move forward.
- Gather invaluable marketplace insight, and strongly advocate within Scytale for features and capabilities that can address our customers’ challenges.
- You have at least five years of hands-on software engineering and/or experience as a software architect.
- You have experience in systems engineering, enterprise and/or OSS development, and/or technical consulting.
- You have empathy for your audience and can break down complex technical concepts in a way that is quickly digestible and compelling for your corresponding audience.
- You are comfortable speaking with IT executives to understand business goals, but also speaking with software and IT operations engineers to understand their associated technical challenges.
- You have well-developed “soft” skills that helps drive organizational and operational change.