Sight Machine is the category leader for manufacturing analytics and used by Global 500 companies to make better, faster decisions about their operations. Sight Machine's analytics platform, purpose-built for discrete and process manufacturing, uses artificial intelligence, machine learning, and advanced analytics to help address critical challenges in quality and productivity throughout the enterprise. The platform is powered by the industry’s only Plant Digital Twin, which enables real-time visibility and actionable insights for every machine, line, and plant throughout an enterprise. Founded in Michigan in 2011 and expanded to the Bay Area in 2012, Sight Machine fuses the spirit of Silicon Valley technology innovation with rock-solid Detroit manufacturing. Our team includes the founders of Slashdot along with leadership from early Yahoo, Palantir, Tesla, Cisco, IBM, McKinsey, and Apple.
You will help apply Sight Machine’s unique technology to a range of industrial needs in factory data. Working closely with both internal Sales, BD and clients, this position requires a strong communicator who has experience in a technical sales role selling enterprise software solutions to large corporations. Deploying on premise and cloud based solutions as well as experience with Linux, Python, various database technologies, and data pipelines are also keys to success in this role. Experience in factory floor software technologies, including PLCs, MES, ERP, Data Historians & data lakes (on-prem or cloud) is a major plus. Your work will include contact with technical counterparts within customer IT and Operation Technology functions in a variety of industries including automotive, aerospace, pharmaceuticals, apparel, textiles, food & beverage and consumer goods.
This position can be located in either San Francisco (preferred) or Detroit and reports to the SVP Sales. It will require consistent travel to client and internal locations. Estimated travel is twice per month for three to five days per trip.
- Partner with the Sales/BD teams for technical pre-sales activities from: needs analysis, data review, product demonstrations, technical readiness evaluations, and general sales support.
- Using Python within Jupyter notebooks evaluate customer data samples for their relevance/fit to the Sight Machine platform, communicating the results onto the Data Architects for final review and handoff.
- Manipulate customer data samples to match data formats that can be ingested into the platform for custom demonstrations.
- Coordinate with client IT and OT teams to ensure the systematic and reliable acquisition of data
- Collaborate with Sight Machine Data Engineering & Data Science teams to use and improve Sight Machine’s automated software frameworks for data acquisition and model configuration
- Collaborate with Sight Machine Data Engineering & Data Science teams to design and implement data pipelines for acquiring and transforming plant floor data
- Support existing deployments and quickly adapt solutions to changing conditions
- Build industry focused demonstrations
- Guide the platform development through continuous feedback to the Product and Engineering teams
- Five or more years’ experience in some combination of sales engineering, field engineering, consulting, big data or technology integration
- Experience with cloud based & on-premise deployments
- Experience working with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with SQL and/or noSQL databases (primarily: SQL Server, Mongo, Postgres)
- Experience designing or documenting data pipelines
- Strong communication skills, both for customer interaction and collaboration with internal stakeholder functions
- Education: University degree is a must
- Multi-lingual fluency is a bonus