Signals Analytics (www.signals-analytics.com) is an Insights as a Service (IaaS) company that enables global brands to continuously experience the “aha moment” through Signals Playbook™, a cloud-based augmented intelligence platform that transforms diverse, unstructured and unconnected data into actionable insights that maximize product portfolio health, accelerate new product development and propel breakthrough innovation. Leading companies, including Procter & Gamble, Nestle, Johnson & Johnson, Bayer, General Motors and 3M, have partnered with Signals Analytics to anticipate and react to change, optimize commercial decision making and drive superior business outcomes quicker and with less risk. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Qumra Capital and TPY Capital, Signals Analytics has been dubbed “The App Store for Innovation" by Forbes, was awarded Cool Vendor of 2016 by Gartner and has been honored the past two years as a Deloitte Fast 50 Technology Company.
Signals Analytics is a rapidly growing start-up company with a vision to revolutionize the way world leading companies make decisions based on big data analytics and insights. We quickly transform external data and unstructured data sources covering consumers, markets, and technologies into tangible insights on how to grow products and brands.
The primary goal of the Sales Development Manager is to increase qualified pipeline for the sales organization. This individual will be responsible for building a team of sales development representatives. They will identify new opportunities for Signals Analytics’ Account Executives in target accounts. It is expected of the Sales Development Manager and their SDR team members understand Signals’ markets and offering at a relatively deep level. An implicit responsibility of the Sales Development Manager is to ensure a superior prospect experience with Signals Analytics.
Report line: Chief Revenue Officer.
- Achieve quota for number of qualified meetings per month with Manager/Director/VP/and C-level decision makers in target accounts.
- Lead the SDR team and work with the Sales team to develop and conduct proactive outbound calling strategies to penetrate target accounts.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to grow the business and hit account acquisition targets.
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and successfully manage and overcome prospect objections in order to secure qualified meetings and expand Signals Analytics’ presence.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on marketing efforts from real world interactions with prospects and customers
- Ensure SDRs develop and maintain effective territory plans to maximize and leverage phone time, including pre-call planning, adhering to territory hours and metrics, and customizing scripts to market segments and prospect type
- Work with other members of the organization to ensure overall company success
- Keep up with industry trends and best practices, including utilization of new technology and web resources
- Motivate and coach the team of Sales Development Representatives to develop a strong foundation of sales skills
- Develop and monitor metrics to measure performance and quotas
- Hire and oversee on-boarding and training for the team
- Participate in company meetings and marketing events
- Utilize Salesforce to track activity and update lead and opportunity information.
- 5+ years of experience in sales, inside sales, and/or sales development within a SaaS software company.
- 2+ years of SDR management experience – a must.
- Proven ability execute outbound prospecting strategies including: Pre-call planning; Opportunity qualification and objection handling; Call structure and control; Time and territory management.
- Experience with SDR training and mentoring of new hires
- Results driven, structured and also data oriented
- Self-motivated, driven and passionate about selling
- Ability to work within a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, very analytical and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Great communication skills: positive and energetic on the phone, excellent listening skills, presentation skills, and writing proficiency
- Experience working with Salesforce as a CRM platform
- Bachelor’s degree.