Director of Sales and Business Development (East Coast)
SitePoint is one of the largest online communities of web professionals. With a large, vibrant forum, thousands of tutorials, and a wide range of books, kits, and other educational products, SitePoint is THE resource for web designers and developers.
The Vice President of Sales and Business Development position manages sales activities for their region by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules and discount rates in concert with the General Manager.
- Meets with key clients to understand their goals and requirements, build relationships, deliver sales presentations and negotiate and close deals.
- Advises clients and partners concerning sales and advertising techniques, utilizes strong relationship-building techniques to take a ‘trusted advisor’ role.
- Builds strong and positive internal relationships with a view to creating value-based, additive and growth-focused internal outcomes.
- Directs product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales products, utilizes data to understand sales effectiveness and works with cross functional teams to maximize product ROI.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements, effectively manages sales budget for the region.
- Represents company at conferences as required to increase brand awareness and promote SitePoint.
Required: Bachelor’s degree, 4 years in sales, 1 year in a management position leading employees
Preferred: Knowledge and familiarity with advertising and media products and services, performance marketing and internet publishing businesses
Competencies: Communication Proficiency, Results Driven, Initiative, Partner/Client Focus, Technical Capacity, Leadership, Problem Solving/Analysis, Organizational Skills, Teamwork Orientation, Business Acumen.
This position may require up to 20% travel. SitePoint is an international business and as such some of the travel may be international in nature.
- We offer full benefits
- 4 weeks PTO (Aussie style)