SmartAsset is a financial technology company with the simple mission of helping people make better financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million per month. Our business model is to help the in-market consumers on our platform find the right Financial Advisor or the right Financial Product. SmartAsset has been featured in hundreds of publications, including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, U.S. News World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek and Barron’s.
SmartAsset is the web's premier destination for financial advice, reaching an audience of more than 45 million people per month. We are a venture-backed, fintech company that licenses proprietary investment tools to over 120 websites, including the most notable names in financial news such as Yahoo Finance, Marketwatch, Barron’s, and Forbes. Our SmartAdvisor platform connects investors with local financial advisors in their area, empowering people to work with professional advisors and make smarter financial decisions. We recently raised our Series C ($28m) and have been featured in hundreds of publications, including the New York Times, TechCrunch, Fast Company and U.S. News & World Report.
We are looking for an Sales Manager to join our fastest growing new business vertical, SmartAdvisor, working with financial advisors to grow their practices. The position will be based out of our NYC Headquarters.
- Supervise a team of account executives, ensuring the team surpasses sales targets each month
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to reps
- Train new salespeople
- Work with account management team to ensure smooth transition of new advisors through onboarding
- Work with senior leadership of SmartAdvisor + sales operations team to identify priorities and set strategic plan for sales organization
- Comfortable managing a large team of 10 or more salespeople
- Experienced in high volume sales; able to coach and train less experienced salespeople
- Able to create structured processes for management tasks such as: ensuring consistent call quality, conducting weekly 1:1s, approaching year-end performance conversations
- Self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to work effectively with limited supervision
- Familiar with sales management, tracking, and reporting tools; able to apply such tools effectively to drive performance improvement
- Team player who possesses excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities, with a high degree of self-confidence
- Organized, detail-oriented, and excellent time-management skills
- Comfortable in the fast-paced, high growth environment of a startup