SmartAsset is a financial technology company that uses data to provide free, actionable advice for big financial decision. This includes issues related to home buying, retirement, credit cards, life insurance, student loans, refinance and checking accounts. At the heart of our service is a decision engine and optimization tool that measures the efficacy of different strategies, quantifies the true cost of financing alternatives and recommends specific financial products based on their suitability and cost to your specific situation.
SmartAsset is the web's premier destination for financial advice, reaching an audience of more than 45 million people per month. We are a venture-backed, fintech company that licenses proprietary investment tools to over 120 websites, including the most notable names in financial news such as Yahoo Finance, Marketwatch, Barron’s, and Forbes. Our SmartAdvisor platform connects investors with local financial advisors in their area, empowering people to work with professional advisors and make smarter financial decisions. We recently raised our Series C ($28m) and have been featured in hundreds of publications, including the New York Times, TechCrunch, Fast Company and U.S. News & World Report.
We are looking for an Sales Manager to join our fastest growing new business vertical, SmartAdvisor, working with financial advisors to grow their practices. The position will be based out of our NYC Headquarters.
- Supervise a team of account executives, ensuring the team surpasses sales targets each month
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to reps
- Train new salespeople
- Work with account management team to ensure smooth transition of new advisors through onboarding
- Work with senior leadership of SmartAdvisor + sales operations team to identify priorities and set strategic plan for sales organization
- Comfortable managing a large team of 10 or more salespeople
- Experienced in high volume sales; able to coach and train less experienced salespeople
- Able to create structured processes for management tasks such as: ensuring consistent call quality, conducting weekly 1:1s, approaching year-end performance conversations
- Self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to work effectively with limited supervision
- Familiar with sales management, tracking, and reporting tools; able to apply such tools effectively to drive performance improvement
- Team player who possesses excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities, with a high degree of self-confidence
- Organized, detail-oriented, and excellent time-management skills
- Comfortable in the fast-paced, high growth environment of a startup