Sales Executive - Grocery/Retail
SmartSense delivers data-driven IoT solutions for food safety, facilities monitoring, and supply chain visibility, by providing actionable insight. Actionable insight is what enables companies to improve operational efficiency, ensure regulatory compliance, and manage product quality risk. SmartSense enables organizations to use wireless sensors, digital checklists, and advanced analytics to provide actionable insight based on remote sensing and artificial intelligence (AI). SmartSense uses these technologies to provide real-time insight at over 40,000 sites around the world. We believe that the future of retail, food service, and transportation is being shaped by companies who are using data to make more informed decisions and to make these decisions faster. Since 2005, we have been passionate about transforming how organizations sense, monitor, and make decisions. We make it easy for companies to harness technology to do important things – to ensure food and medication safety, to improve worker productivity, and to manage risk.
We are seeking a motivated outside sales executive with a hunter’s mentality, who is able to drive new enterprise sales and represent the organization in a highly professional manner.
Candidates can be located anywhere in the US.
- Establish market leadership of Digi’s temperature monitoring, digital food safety, and transit solution in the retail and wholesale grocery industry
- Develop and qualify leads and build a robust sales pipeline through outbound prospecting, working with internal sales resources, leveraging personal network and attending industry events; inclusive of Mass Foods Association, Food Marketing Institute, National Grocers Alliance, to name a few
- Manage sales process, coordinate account meetings, coordinate and drive internal resources to support opportunities.
- Draft, negotiate, and finalize appropriate agreements to close sales.
- Develop and maintain executive customer relationships at assigned accounts.
- Develop and execute winning account strategies.
- Coordinate quarterly business reviews, sharing of best practices, testimonials and use cases among customers and prospects to drive business growth and retail network expansion.
- 6+ years of experience in technology solution sales, with 4+ years selling into the grocery/ specialty retail industries.
- Experience selling high ASP solutions to complex enterprises.
- Ability and personal presence to call high (Sr Director, VP, or C Suite) in customer organizations.
- Robust network in grocery retail industry; proficient at establishing consultative relationships in retail and wholesale environment.
- Excellent presentation and organization skills with a talent for customer interaction at all levels.
- Relentless follow through, positive attitude and detail focused.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinker.
- Ability to provide value-added and relevant industry content to web, blog, and other mediums in the context of ‘trusted advisor’ or industry expert.
- Highly collaborative, ability to provide leadership among internal support teams
- B.A. or B.S. required.
- Travel 50%