Business Development Representative
Splash is a technology company that powers advanced in-person marketing programs for the world’s leading brands. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance. From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables marketers to reach and connect with target audiences in-person, efficiently scale event programs, and connect event-driven engagement to business results. Headquartered in New York, Splash is a privately held company founded by Ben Hindman and Brett Boskoff, with investors including Ascent, SMC Capital, Spark Capital, BoxGroup, Maveron, Lerer Ventures, Great Oaks, Red Sea Ventures, and ScaleUp.
Splash is looking for high-energy, driven professionals with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join our Sales Development organization.
The Sales Development team is the first point of contact for our customers and responsible for generating lead volume and warm introductions to our Enterprise team. Ideal candidates are creative, passionate, and self-driven team players, eager to advance through a clearly defined learning and earning path. Splash offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources and outstanding leadership to sell and take your career to the next level!
Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are responsible for identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities in Target Accounts for their regional Account Executives. The SDR manages the inbound lead activity in their territory, qualifying active buying interest and developing opportunity in prospect accounts. The SDR will also coordinate with their AE counterparts to determine the accounts that require research and prospecting activities to secure a sufficient flow of additional qualified opportunities. An implicit responsibility of the SDR is to conduct business dealings in a way that creates a superior prospect experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up, as well as future product sales.
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop Target Accounts and inbound leads to create sales-ready leads and opportunities
- Interact with prospects via telephone and email
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Disseminate opportunities to appropriate AE, educating rep as necessary about the opportunity
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Become a trusted resource and develop superior relationships with prospects
- Update lead scoring and prospect interaction in Salesforce.com to ensure efficient lead management
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives.
- Provide closed-loop feedback to ensure continuous process optimization
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up and sales development at multiple executive levels within an organization; familiarity with event marketing industry a plus.
- Pre-call planning
- Opportunity qualification and objection handling
- Call structure and control
- Time and account management
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; team player
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- The highest level of integrity
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
- Sales training and salesforce.com experience a plus
- 4-year College degree a plus