Stride is an Agile software development consultancy in NYC. We embed and colocate with tech teams (like Plated, The Daily Beast, Equinox, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gust, Intent Media) to help you be your best. Think of us as Agile SWAT teams. We partner highly skilled Agile developers with your dev team. As a result, we leverage the skills of your entire team and help you improve code quality and your Agile process in perpetuity. Whether you seek process refinement (TDD, Refactoring, Tech Debt, Estimates, Continuous Delivery, etc) or need to get high quality code out the door to launch your MVP, Stride is here to help.
We’re building a new kind of company from the inside out. Investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest and most capable minds in New York is our top priority. Everything we do is grounded in five values: Humility, Honesty, Respect, Learning from Failure, and Willingness to help others. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme and evaluate all of our relationships based on them. This goes for employees, clients, and vendors. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Stride to achieve it.
In short, we need builders. If you enjoy problem solving, optimizing processes, and care more about getting it done than getting the credit in a challenging high-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative. This person will be responsible for selling Stride to software engineers and growing our team to keep pace with demand.
- Ensure that every prospect has a positive and engaging experience. This means prospects we decide not to move forward with will leave having a greater passion for Stride because of your ability to build relationships with them.
- Prospect and manage a pipeline of potential team members. We’re looking for a hunter, not a gatherer.
- Quarterback the prospect experience from start to finish, makes sure it runs smoothly and all parties have all the information they need at every step.
- Work with our VP of Engineering and developers to determine which prospects are a good fit for Stride prospects from the pipeline as soon as we realise it is not going to be a fit.
- Take a data-based approach to improving our process
- Help answer these questions: Where are the bottlenecks? How can we decrease the time of getting the candidate through each stage? How can we improve the quality of the candidates reaching the later stages of the pipeline?
- Work with our VP of engineering and developers to run continual experiments on improving processes.
- This role will have the opportunity to be heavily involved in Stride’s marketing, sales, and community outreach efforts.
Stride’s purpose is to deliver products and services that have the power to change lives. In order to complete our mission in the way we want to and keep up demand, we need more ‘Striders’ to work with clients. That’s where you come in.
- You embody our five core values: Honesty, Humility, Respect, Willingness to help others, and Learning from failure.
- You have a 2+ year track record of exceeding sales or recruiting goals as an individual contributor
- Experience as a quota carrying sales rep or SDR at a venture backed tech startup is highly preferred
- You have experience in tech, ideally at a venture backed startup
- You’re a builder: helping write the playbook excites you more than running the plays
- Uncapped variable compensation plans excite you
- You’re data driven - you’re obsessed with charts that go up and to the right
- When your charts don’t go that way, you test different solutions until they do
- You are highly coachable and seek feedback on how you can improve
- This should go without saying, but you’re an excellent communicator and team player
- Serious career growth through one-on-one time for mentoring and coaching as well as a deliberate effort to help you learn in your areas of interest
- Competitive base salary + uncapped commission
- A monthly allowance to cover healthcare costs
- Work / life flexibility.
- Informal environment: how we dress, how we behave, how we solve problems
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, coffee, beer, and fresh fruit water (seriously, it’s delicious)- list text here