Partner Sales Manager - East Region
Sumo Logic is a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. More than 2,000 customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a multi-tenant, service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value and growth. For more information or to sign up for your free trial, visit www.sumologic.com.
As a Partner Sales Manager, you will own the partner development opportunities with key Sumo Logic Partners (e.g. AWS, SI’s, MSSP’s, Consulting organizations & VAR’s) . You will be a strategic thinker with a focus on driving revenue (“sell with” and “sell through”) across enterprise business and have a “problem-solving” mindset. You will be responsible for the overall success of the Partnership including enablement, GTM initiatives, and sales opportunities. You will collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Product Management and will be the focal point for the technical alliance Partners for all matters.
You will own the task of managing and growing our overall Partners leveraged revenue objectives within an assigned geographic territory.
- Identify, recruit and operationalize new Security Partner organizations to help expand Sumo Logic’s indirect sales reach within an assigned territory
- Build a regional Partner business plan with quantified goals and milestones to achieve Partner sourced revenue metrics and address certified Partner capacity gaps such that regional capacity exists to meet all quarterly sales requirements.
- Develop a comprehensive regional Partner map, outlining current Partner capabilities, capacity and gaps.
- Work with internal and Partner stakeholders to enable sales and technical cross-training of Sumo Logic’s solutions.
- Work with respective field teams on demand gen initiatives and campaigns.
- Manage assigned regional Partners to agreed sales goals.
- Manage regular business reviews between Sumo Logic and Partners.
- Work with direct sales teams / reps on various Channel oriented opps
- Maintain and report an accurate sales forecast in SFDC.
- Minimum 10+ years’ in software Enterprise Sales & Partner development combined
- Prefer 5+ years of experience and a proven track record selling enterprise software or SaaS to Fortune 1,000 companies and 5+ years of experience developing a Partner ecosystem within a SaaS model
- Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure ecosystem is highly preferred
- Demonstrable ability to understand, develop and navigate complex sales cycles involving a variety of stakeholders
- Direct experience creating and executing Partner business plans with both Global and regional sized Partners, with a Security focus.
- Experience working in a start-up environment is essential. This means...
- Must be comfortable operating in an environment where there are often processes and systems that need to be built / optimized in the course of day-to-day business.
- In high growth companies there's always more to do than people to do it. As such, the ability to set priorities, focus on details and motivate internal and external teams to deliver agreed upon goals is very important
- Ability to travel 30-50% of the time
- BA/BS degree required. Technical competence strongly preferred.