Business Development Representative
We're on a mission to help people turn their curiosity into action. SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading survey platform enabling curious individuals and companies – including 98% of the Fortune 500 – to have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. Ask more. Know more. Do more. Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
The Business Development Representative plays a critical role in growing our business. The main focus of this position is in developing qualified prospects for our sales process through cold calling, referral network nurturing, partner channel development, and managing of various marketing and social media programs designed to cultivate prospects for deeper qualification.
- Develop target prospect lists and execute cold outreach to executives at select IT tech companies
- Manage various social media tools for inbound prospect development
- Interact with prospects and provide high level offering information
- Generate qualified leads and set sales appointments
- Manage prospecting status and forecasting in Salesforce.com
- 1+ years at a Business-to-Business organization in an Inside Sales Development or Inside Sales role
- Excellent instincts for conversing with technology executives and ability to think on the fly
- Strong work ethic – possess the desire to master the art of selling
- Fluency in English along with excellent phone skills, phone etiquette, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- BA/BS degree is preferred